1. The KillerFrogs

No NCAA Postseason Events in Mississippi

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by TCUdirtbag, Jun 19, 2020.

1. #1 TCUdirtbag, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Probably most significant - this precludes Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Southern Miss from hosting NCAA Baseball Regionals/Supers.

2. So many racists are gonna be mad at this.

LisaLT, Shorty, Todd D. and 4 others like this.
  3. I’ll be honest, had no idea the confederate flag was on the Mississippi state flag. Shocking that hasn’t been changed already

4. Spent much time in the Deep South, jake?

5. I don't think people in any State fly their State flags like Texans do. Understandable. Most of those other State flags are sort of crappy looking; nothing to be proud of.

6. Anyone who thinks doing things like this will "end racism" is a gullible fool

They just took down the Reb statue at UNLV. Does anyone honestly think that is going to make any lick of difference when it comes to race relations?

7. I drive through Mississippi once and stopped at a Dairy Queen there. That was about all I needed to see of the state.

8. You mean taking a small step to remove a powerful piece of imagery that has been associated with hate and racism doesn't matter? It's not gonna be sunshine and rainbows all at once, but all journeys have to start somewhere.

9. I think you just made my point for me.

Ron Swanson likes this.
  10. I went to the Civil Rights Museum in Jackson, MS. It was very powerful and I learned so much that I did not previously know. I found it as interesting and informative as the Holocaust Museum in D.C.
    I highly recommend both for everyone at some point in their lives.

Tre J, LisaLT, ShadowFrog and 15 others like this.
  11. Its an election year. Just like in 2012 with Trayvon Martin and 2016 with BLM, the democrats are fanning the flames of racial tension in order to position themselves as saviors for the upcoming election and frame their opposition as unrepentant racists. This will all be forgotten in 2021, just like BLM died down in 2017

12. I turned down a scholarship to the University of Chicago because Illinois is a [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] hole.

13. Chicago is very cool.

14. Sure, in downtown. Ever been to where campus is located?

RoyaltyWorePurple likes this.
  15. Will Six Flags over Texas have to change to Five Flags

GoFrog Yourself, HG73, LisaLT and 3 others like this.
  16. Yeah, but that’s pretty much any large metro anywhere. I get it though, there are some major cities I wouldn’t live in either.

Trust me man, I’ve seen things, I lived in Lubbock....

17. I’m not even from Illinois lol. Just grew up an Illini fan but ended up choosing to go to TCU.

18. I thought we were just bagging on states with limited knowledge of them. Or was that just you?

19. I’ll bag on Ohio all day.

TxFrog1999 and LSU Game Attendee like this.
  20. ...to visit.