• The KillerFrogs

No Horns Down in Big 12 Championship

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
For all OU players wanting to do Horns Down, but don't want penalties: Make the hook'em horns sign, but leave up your middle finger, holding your ring finger down with your thumb, showing people the back of your hand. It says "F you Horns", but you can claim its just the Shocker

Realtorfrog

OU is going to hang half a hundred on them! It will be ugly. So does tx get penalized if they hold up their finger and say they are number 1?

Big 12 sure likes and protects the bovine.

Moose Stuff

I think you can take it to the bank that someone for OU is flashing the horns down at some point during this game.

In fact how about this...... first TD of the game literally OU’s entire team does it. Their kicker still probably comes close to a touchback on the kickoff anyway. scheiss ‘em.

dawg

Didn't Herman mock the Mizzou QB's dance during their bowl game last year? This seems incredibly stupid, and even more so coming from the conference office, and will serve only to further motivate OU to hang 70+ on them.

Purp

Then Texas shouldn’t be able to do Horns Up
Exactly this. If the horns down sign is illegal then any hand sign of any kind better be illegal. Why in the hell does the conference have to do crap like this before what should be a great football game? Just let it be about the game and not about anything else. With social media being what it is now, there is no way to get out in front of the trash talk. It's going to happen and nothing can be done about it. Just get used to it and enforce the rules that already exist. If you just enforce existing rules you'll still keep everything else from getting out of hand. What a pansy arse position to take by the conference.

Purp

Before this announcement I really didn't know who I wanted to win this game. I put OU in the same category as Baylor in terms of sports hate b/c it's based in an absolute irreverence for common decency. I'll never support that. But I hate UT b/c of their tOSU level sense of entitlement and arrogance in spite of their recent dearth of any kind of success whatsoever.

Now I think I hate UT more this weekend b/c Austin has finally gotten weird enough that they're all candy arse millennial fairies who can't deal with hurt feelings. I just have no stomach for that level of coddling becoming institutionalized. Darn UT and darn the B12 for this idiocy. I'm hoping Boomer wins by 60+ so I don't have to hear a word from UTerus pansies for a while. If losing by 60 would even shut their pie holes.

Moose Stuff

Exactly this. If the horns down sign is illegal then any hand sign of any kind better be illegal. Why in the hell does the conference have to do crap like this before what should be a great football game? Just let it be about the game and not about anything else. With social media being what it is now, there is no way to get out in front of the trash talk. It's going to happen and nothing can be done about it. Just get used to it and enforce the rules that already exist. If you just enforce existing rules you'll still keep everything else from getting out of hand. What a pansy arse position to take by the conference.

All they did is guarantee that there will be horns down literally everywhere on Saturday (and moving forward). Sidelines, stands, tailgates, T-shirt’s, GameDay signs, Twitter...... EVERYWHERE.

Purp

All they did is guarantee that there will be horns down literally everywhere on Saturday (and moving forward). Sidelines, stands, tailgates, T-shirt’s, GameDay signs, Twitter...... EVERYWHERE.
And not just when Bevo plays Boomer. Literally against every opponent. Even those out of conference.

What on earth will UTerus do in the Sugar Bowl when an SEC opponent shows them horns down fingers? I hope they don't die emotionally. It would make my heart hurt. Nobody deserves to be treated so irreverently. The gall of some people!

Moose Stuff

And not just when Bevo plays Boomer. Literally against every opponent. Even those out of conference.

What on earth will UTerus do in the Sugar Bowl when an SEC opponent shows them horns down fingers? I hope they don't die emotionally. It would make my heart hurt. Nobody deserves to be treated so irreverently. The gall of some people!

No doubt. It’s gonna backfire in glorious fashion.

MTfrog5

Before this announcement I really didn't know who I wanted to win this game. I put OU in the same category as Baylor in terms of sports hate b/c it's based in an absolute irreverence for common decency. I'll never support that. But I hate UT b/c of their tOSU level sense of entitlement and arrogance in spite of their recent dearth of any kind of success whatsoever.

Now I think I hate UT more this weekend b/c Austin has finally gotten weird enough that they're all candy arse millennial fairies who can't deal with hurt feelings. I just have no stomach for that level of coddling becoming institutionalized. Darn UT and darn the B12 for this idiocy. I'm hoping Boomer wins by 60+ so I don't have to hear a word from UTerus pansies for a while. If losing by 60 would even shut their pie holes.
Agree 100%. My entire moms side went to Texas so I didn’t have a problem pulling for them when it didn’t conflict with what was best for TCU. I simply can’t stand Herman. Everything that Strong did as far as changing the culture has completely been erased. Herman is quickly gaining ground on Briles as the most punchable coach since TCU has been in the Big 12

Last edited:

Brog

I think you can take it to the bank that someone for OU is flashing the horns down at some point during this game.

In fact how about this...... first TD of the game literally OU’s entire team does it. Their kicker still probably comes close to a touchback on the kickoff anyway. scheiss ‘em.

Yeah, great suggestion, except that entire team gets Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, and the next one, they're out of the game. Maybe not so great suggestion after all.