• The KillerFrogs

No. 19 TCU baseball's projected lineup per D1 Baseball

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Five position transfers starting and a transfer starting pitcher ...

https://d1baseball.com/analysis/top-25-breakdown-no-19-tcu-2/

TCU's Projected Lineup

Pos.
Name, Yr. AVG/OBP/SLG HR RBI SB
C Zach Humphreys, Jr. .225/.369/.264 0 27 7
1B Jake Guenther, R-Jr. Transfer--Sacramento City (Calif.) College
2B Austin Henry, R-Jr. Transfer--Walters State (Tenn.) College
3B Adam Oviedo, So. .228/.319/.257 0 25 4
SS Hunter Wolfe, R-Jr. Transfer--Walters State (Tenn.) College
LF Josh Watson, Sr. .305/.437/.495 8 32 8
CF Johnny Rizer, Sr. .231/.344/.400 3 13 5
RF Andrew Keefer, Jr. Transfer--Weatherford (Texas) College
DH Alex Isola, Jr. Transfer--Yavapai (Ariz.) College

Pos.
Name, Yr. W-L ERA IP SO BB SV
LHP Nick Lodolo, Jr. 7-4 4.32 77 93 28 0
RHP Jared Janczak, R-Jr. 1-1 3.00 42 41 12 0
LHP Brandon Williamson, Jr. Transfer--Northern Iowa Area College
RP Caleb Sloan, So. 2-2 1.44 31.1 22 8 3

LeagueCityFrog

Our infield fielding and errors were horrid last year. Not a shock to see 3 new starters in the infield. Our catcher needs to be the leader of this team with Watson. I think Watson is going to have a monster year.

Go Frogs and See You Back in Omaha!

Pharm Frog

Our infield fielding and errors were horrid last year. Not a shock to see 3 new starters in the infield. Our catcher needs to be the leader of this team with Watson. I think Watson is going to have a monster year.

Go Frogs and See You Back in Omaha!

I don't know what a lot of these new ballplayers bring to the table in terms of leadership but I think Balta came in a found a leadership role last year. Hopeful someone is bringing some of that "run through the wall to win and come with me" attitude this year. I hated that his season ended as it did but I've seen at least three major league ball players on rehab assignments and countless AAA players completely miss fly balls in RF at Bricktown. I saw Puig not come within 30' of a fly ball there and then gun the guy out at third standing up. I guess I could see Hump bringing some leadership fire. My best hope for Watson is that he does what you predict...have a monster year. He could be the proverbial lead-by-example guy.

Leap Frog

Frogs really combed the JC's with 5 of them potentially starting and one in the rotation.
Oviedo moving to third is great-- now, hope we got some bats in the up-grade.
A key to this season is the arms in the rotation holding up-- lots of experience in the bull-pen when needed.
We know Schloss will manage the pieces well-- and looks like he has some good ones to work with.

FWSTC Hfrog

This is going to be a MUCH improved defensive ball club. Now, will the bats show some life. If not, they better start moving runners over A LOT earlier in the season than last.