• The KillerFrogs

NIL Format & Future

Sangria Wine

I’m betting the scheme ends up looking something like this around the country…

In order to buy premium seats you will soon be required to to TWO things:

1. Be a donor to the “Frog Club” or equivalent to support scholarships.
2. Be a contributor to the “official” NIL funding entity. They’ll accomplish this via some sort of arrangement where the NIL funding entity is the corporate donor / sponsor who controls the seat licenses or some equivalent. Some funds raised into the official NIL entity will be donated back to the university general athletic funds so it all aligns on paper.

At the University of Florida they have long had a separate entity that controls all things athletic department including licensing of logo merchandise which generates a nice sum of money all by itself…it’s called the University Athletics Association. It seems in this format you could easily generate whatever funds are needed to buy all the talent needed as long as you have a strong demand for season tickets.

These new NIL entities could certainly own the media rights to the university and thus provide for a fee players to endorse products of sponsors, attend functions of sponsors, sign autographs at sponsor events, etc. It all seems like it would be fairly easy to establish as long as you maintain the right paper trail and keep the official university business separate from the NIL entity business, even if totalIy intertwined.

What do y’all think? Am I missing something in reading the tea leaves?

froginaustin

UTx (and I suppose every other State university in Texas) has had what is effectively a separate corporate entity to run their money sports since . . . forever.

It has been used in the past to support the claim that "no public funds support football (or whatever)". Separate corporate entities are no big deal for these athletic departments.

NewFrogFan

Is it challenging to watch live TCU football games while you're parked next to LSU's stadium?
Never tried, but have had season tics in both places, how about you? Did make some of the games in the 3 National Championship seasons since 2001 when I started going to games at TCU……you make any of them?

Tshirt Fan

Never tried, but have had season tics in both places, how about you? Did make some of the games in the 3 National Championship seasons since 2001 when I started going to games at TCU……you make any of them?
Season tickets for two teams? Are you scheissing crazy?

Last edited:

Dogfrog

I’m betting the scheme ends up looking something like this around the country…

In order to buy premium seats you will soon be required to to TWO things:

1. Be a donor to the “Frog Club” or equivalent to support scholarships.
2. Be a contributor to the “official” NIL funding entity. They’ll accomplish this via some sort of arrangement where the NIL funding entity is the corporate donor / sponsor who controls the seat licenses or some equivalent. Some funds raised into the official NIL entity will be donated back to the university general athletic funds so it all aligns on paper.

At the University of Florida they have long had a separate entity that controls all things athletic department including licensing of logo merchandise which generates a nice sum of money all by itself…it’s called the University Athletics Association. It seems in this format you could easily generate whatever funds are needed to buy all the talent needed as long as you have a strong demand for season tickets.

These new NIL entities could certainly own the media rights to the university and thus provide for a fee players to endorse products of sponsors, attend functions of sponsors, sign autographs at sponsor events, etc. It all seems like it would be fairly easy to establish as long as you maintain the right paper trail and keep the official university business separate from the NIL entity business, even if totalIy intertwined.

What do y’all think? Am I missing something in reading the tea leaves?
This may be correct, and will work at some schools but at TCU if you go through another reseating after doing it just ten years ago, could be risky. Lots of people still wondering if they buy into all this to begin with. Also, are priority points still a thing?

FinanceFrog

meh - I avoid the frog club, priority points and all the other hoopla by purchasing tix on the stubhub or scalpers. choose the games I go to and ignore the fbs home games in September.

NewFrogFan

Season tickets for two teams? Are you scheissing crazy?
Nobody can afford that except delusional libs that stuff ballot boxes, don't understand that gun control means hitting the target,
and drink soymilk with wild abandon in their RVs parked next to someone else's stadium.
#Vamos Tigres!
I never said I had season tickets in the same season, other than that your transmission is garbled and unreadable. Dont drink milk either, of any kind.