1. The KillerFrogs
  1. Out.

Wish Frogs would find new apparel maker.

82Frog, tcumaniac, StigFrog and 16 others like this.
  2. Name checks out.

3. I can only imagine the complaining about uniforms that would ensue if Adidas or Under Armor were our apparel providers.

Realtorfrog, wes, ATC Frog and 5 others like this.
  4. My daughter has these softball pitching cleats. If they offend Colin he can come have a chat with me.

[​IMG]

tcumaniac, bmoney214, Punter1 and 5 others like this.
  5. "Citing sources familiar with the matter, the Wall Street Journal reported that Kaepernick contacted Nike officials and told them that he and others are offended by the flag because it dates to the late 18th century, a period of widespread slavery in the United States..."

"...That version of the flag has reportedly been adopted by some white nationalists and other groups that object to America’s growing racial diversity.

In response to a 2016 incident in which students at a predominantly white Michigan high school waved the 13-star flag during a football game against an opponent that featured several African American players, the head of the NAACP’s chapter in Grand Rapids, Mich., said that the flag had been “co-opted by exclusionary movements,” including “the so-called ‘Patriot Movement’ and other militia groups who are responding to America’s increasing diversity with opposition and racial supremacy...”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...etsy-ross-flag-design/?utm_term=.11ebda2ebfd2

6. How do people like Kaepernick tolerate the names "Washington" and "Jefferson"? Both were slave holders, weren't they? Looks like we ought to change the name of our capitol and tear down the Jefferson memorial. Madness!

Leap Frog and BankerFrog like this.
  7. I never buy Nike merch now - more reinforcement for my decision.

8. #11 MTfrog5, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    I just don’t understand how people look at that and think racism. Our country had slaves. Northerners had indentured servants. 99% of Americans today think that was a terrible thing.

9. I'm afraid two of my favorite TV characters will soon be erased from history. George Jefferson and Freddie Boom-Boom Washington.

10. #14 YA, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    I laugh at the general direction of people in this thread. If it offends you to buy Nike gear, don't do it. But, you demanding (edit--hoping-instead of demanding--for the sensitive types) the school stop having Nike as our apparel vendor is just another form of silly protest that makes no sense just like the football players demanding the same, etc.

In other words, quit being a snowflake on this issue and move on. Wear whatever you want, but quit being like Kap and demanding (hoping -for the sensitive types) action that isn't going to happen.

12. I was just thinking, it had been a few months since we've been able to combine sneaker talk with politics. Thanks Nike!

Frogs01, SuperTFrog, ATC Frog and 3 others like this.
  13. The only one in this thread telling others how to act is you.

tcumaniac, StigFrog, Salfrog and 11 others like this.
  14. Does cutter and buck make football unis?

15. This topic comes up every few months and is the same [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ], different day.
    Wish, hope, demand in that order, just watch and learn.