• The KillerFrogs

Nike is giving us new uniforms for the Rose Bowl

Army Frog Fan

Rose Bowl Therapist: "just say anything that's on your mind."

Me: "Anything? Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you go to the Rose Bowl and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a TCU Football Player, and I found myself wondering what color his Rose Bowl uniform might be. His jersey. Uh, odds are they are probably basic purple, 2010 style jerseys. But I sort of think well maybe they're lizard print jerseys, maybe they're black. Maybe they're something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?"

bsufan1976

Rose Bowl Therapist: "just say anything that's on your mind."

Me: "Anything? Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you go to the Rose Bowl and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a TCU Football Player, and I found myself wondering what color his Rose Bowl uniform might be. His jersey. Uh, odds are they are probably basic purple, 2010 style jerseys. But I sort of think well maybe they're lizard print jerseys, maybe they're black. Maybe they're something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?"

NT

frogtwang

When are we going to have "GDU's Fashion Forum"? I enjoy reading about/seeing some of the different uniforms and other merchandise but get annoyed at how it clutters up the main topic forum.

bsufan1976

I guess you dont know what movie that came from huh?

WOW really embarrassed
blush.gif
my apologies. Comes from a great movie by the way...........

Ok I am out.......Again seriously Good Luck

stell91

I totally didn't realize that bsufan1976 isn't the same bsufan who used to troll on here.. I was wondering why he seemed so nice all of a sudden..

gdu

To all the decent frog fans on this board sorry about the exchange I had with gdu. I seriously didnt try to stir the pot, I was simply looking over your board (I usually only read it only had 17 posts before today).

I have got to be honest hear, for those of you that took the time to read all my posts you realize that I was speculating about the Nike vs. Addidas/Underarmour. With that said, I have read 3 articles on the topic and one of them really made it sound like this is exactly what Nike had in mind, to try and compete with the competitors to hopefully turn more schools to Nike.

Some other truthful info, I dont know for sure that is what Nike intended to do. But I do know this, I have seen the new uni's for BSU. I also know that there were 2 sets made for BSU in 2 different colors because it wasnt known if we would be home or visitor. The uniforms do look somewhat like what they wear normally with small differences but they do look different.

With all that said, I truly meant what I said earlier. Good luck to the Frogs in the Rose Bowl hope you beat Wisconsin, what a great bowl for your team to be attending. Look forward to our game with you guys next season, and good luck in the Big East when you finally leave the MWC. I have nothing but respect for the Frog fans (met some good ones in Glendale last year) Your coach, your team and your school Class from top to bottom.

I probably wont be returning for a while but truthfully sorry about getting into it with gdu and mucking up your board. I may be wrong on the theory but I bet you hear a lot of talk about Underarmour vs Nike during the selected bowl games this year. One more thing, I may be a lot of things, but I am definitely NOT a troll.
I don't think you are a troll, and I don't mind the discussion, it just bugs me that you keep going on and on even after admitting you don't know and me telling you I do.

When Nike did the pro combat rivalry program for the first time last year, it was vs. non-nike schools explicitly. That was absolutely not the case this year (hell, 2 of the games were rivalry uniform on rivalry uniform) and is absolutely not the case for the bowls.

Kaiser

I'm pretty sure BSU is right and you just have some bad info.

I don't think you are a troll, and I don't mind the discussion, it just bugs me that you keep going on and on even after admitting you don't know and me telling you I do.

When Nike did the pro combat rivalry program for the first time last year, it was vs. non-nike schools explicitly. That was absolutely not the case this year (hell, 2 of the games were rivalry uniform on rivalry uniform) and is absolutely not the case for the bowls.