• The KillerFrogs

NFL Draft: No. 1; 3 of first 4 picks from OU

gdu

QUOTE(oldscribe @ Apr 23 2010, 01:29 PM) [snapback]549108[/snapback]
On the other hand, UT having one first rounder and OU having four ... and UT doing better on the field than OU....sort of explodes our theory that Mack Brown gets the best recruits but then doesn't do much with them. Meanwhile, TCU's first rounder was a 2-star athlete out of HS, while OU's four were all 4-5 stars to start with, so TCU msut do more to develop talent than either OU or UT.

If it were all only that simple.

gdu

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 23 2010, 01:40 PM) [snapback]549117[/snapback]
Yeah, it's easy to beat OU without the NFL's top draft choice playing. :wacko: Texas back-doored into that win and the MNC game.

Bradford didn't play in the RRS? News to me.

Then you must surely agree that Bama back-doored it's way to a NC.

gdu

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 23 2010, 03:00 PM) [snapback]549199[/snapback]
Pretty sure Texas doesn't gift wrap those three scores (I believe it was) with McCoy in there ... I think it would have gone down to the wire with McCoy in there.

What game did you watch? Bama didn't come close to scoring 1 single point before McCoy was hurt. Bama didn't have 1 positive play before McCoy got hurt on offense, defese, or special teams.

Justin Tucker kickoff for 43 yards returned by Michael Williams for 6 yards to the Alab 33. 0 0
Alabama at 14:48 TEX ALA
1st and 10 at ALA 33 Mark Ingram rush for no gain to the Alab 33. 0 0
2nd and 10 at ALA 33 ALABAMA penalty 5 yard false start accepted.
2nd and 15 at ALA 28 Greg McElroy sacked by Lamarr Houston for a loss of 8 yards to the Alab 20.
3rd and 23 at ALA 20 Greg McElroy pass incomplete to Marquis Maze.
4th and 23 at ALA 20 P.J. Fitzgerald pass intercepted by Blake Gideon at the Alab 37, returned for no gain to the Alab 37.
DRIVE TOTALS: Alab drive: 4 plays -13 yards, 01:59 Alab INT

Texas at 13:01 TEX ALA
1st and 10 at ALA 37 Colt McCoy pass complete to Jordan Shipley for 5 yards to the Alab 32. 0 0
2nd and 5 at ALA 32 Colt McCoy pass complete to Malcolm Williams for 4 yards to the Alab 28.
3rd and 1 at ALA 28 Cody Johnson rush for 1 yard to the Alab 27 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at ALA 27 Tre' Newton rush for 16 yards to the Alab 11 out-of-bounds for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at ALA 11 Colt McCoy injury.

gdu

QUOTE(froglicious @ Apr 23 2010, 03:27 PM) [snapback]549218[/snapback]
It is actual further proof that Stoops developes his talent and Mack doesn't. UT classes alwas out rank OU classes. Not saying they would have beat Bama because I don't. But with a healthy Bradford and Gresham they would have rolled UT. I don't have a horse in this race but Stoops has accomplished so much more than Macky even with lower rates clases.

They had those in 2008 and lost by double digits. Great theory.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 23 2010, 11:21 AM) [snapback]549269[/snapback]
What game did you watch? Bama didn't come close to scoring 1 single point before McCoy was hurt. Bama didn't have 1 positive play before McCoy got hurt on offense, defese, or special teams.

Justin Tucker kickoff for 43 yards returned by Michael Williams for 6 yards to the Alab 33. 0 0
Alabama at 14:48 TEX ALA
1st and 10 at ALA 33 Mark Ingram rush for no gain to the Alab 33. 0 0
2nd and 10 at ALA 33 ALABAMA penalty 5 yard false start accepted.
2nd and 15 at ALA 28 Greg McElroy sacked by Lamarr Houston for a loss of 8 yards to the Alab 20.
3rd and 23 at ALA 20 Greg McElroy pass incomplete to Marquis Maze.
4th and 23 at ALA 20 P.J. Fitzgerald pass intercepted by Blake Gideon at the Alab 37, returned for no gain to the Alab 37.
DRIVE TOTALS: Alab drive: 4 plays -13 yards, 01:59 Alab INT

Texas at 13:01 TEX ALA
1st and 10 at ALA 37 Colt McCoy pass complete to Jordan Shipley for 5 yards to the Alab 32. 0 0
2nd and 5 at ALA 32 Colt McCoy pass complete to Malcolm Williams for 4 yards to the Alab 28.
3rd and 1 at ALA 28 Cody Johnson rush for 1 yard to the Alab 27 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at ALA 27 Tre' Newton rush for 16 yards to the Alab 11 out-of-bounds for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at ALA 11 Colt McCoy injury.

So you can forecast and project the entire game based on the first two series and half the first quarter ... ok gduT.

gdu

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 23 2010, 04:46 PM) [snapback]549289[/snapback]
So you can forecast and project the entire game based on the first two series and half the first quarter ... ok gduT.

I didn't forecast anything (reread the posts and quit making [Deleted] up); You were the one forcasting that Texas would get beat with McCoy since you thought Bama had 3 scores with him in the game. I just pointed out that you were running your mouth again without having a ( I'm an uneducated idiot that uses profanity)ing clue what you were talking about. 3 scores with McCoy? Yeah, you were real close on that one. Keep deflecting though instead of admitting you were wrong, and maybe no one will notice. On second thought, stick to posting stuff smarter people write.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 23 2010, 12:11 PM) [snapback]549310[/snapback]
I didn't forecast anything (reread the posts and quit making [Deleted] up); You were the one forcasting that Texas would get beat with McCoy since you thought Bama had 3 scores with him in the game. I just pointed out that you were running your mouth again without having a ( I'm an uneducated idiot that uses profanity)ing clue what you were talking about. 3 scores with McCoy? Yeah, you were real close on that one. Keep deflecting though instead of admitting you were wrong, and maybe no one will notice. On second thought, stick to posting stuff smarter people write.

I didn't say Texas would get beat with McCoy doucheboy ... re-read the post and then I'll explain it to you. :wacko:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 23 2010, 12:11 PM) [snapback]549310[/snapback]

Here d-wad ...

Pretty sure Texas doesn't gift wrap those three scores (I believe it was) with McCoy in there ... I think it would have gone down to the wire with McCoy in there.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 23 2010, 10:19 AM) [snapback]549266[/snapback]
<br />Bradford didn't play in the RRS? News to me.<br /><br />Then you must surely agree that Bama back-doored it's way to a NC.<br />

Not quite Texas got backdoored by Bama. Sounds like you are saying when Colt quit the mighty UT Defense quit as well. Nice character by Macky's boys as usual.

Leap Frog

"By living in Norman, when I retire, I can stay as close to professional football as possible".

Howard Cosell-

The devil made me do it.

TheSheik

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 23 2010, 11:22 AM) [snapback]549271[/snapback]
They had those in 2008 and lost by double digits. Great theory.

They only lost by double digits because Florida was running up the score XD

gdu

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 23 2010, 05:30 PM) [snapback]549318[/snapback]
I didn't say Texas would get beat with McCoy doucheboy ... re-read the post and then I'll explain it to you. :wacko:

Unless you edited it (which you have in the past), I read it wrong. My bad.

gdu

QUOTE(TheSheik @ Apr 23 2010, 08:12 PM) [snapback]549425[/snapback]
They only lost by double digits because Florida was running up the score XD

Read it again. He was talking about Texas. So was I. Texas beat OU by double-digits with those same guys in 2008.

gdu

QUOTE(froglicious @ Apr 23 2010, 06:01 PM) [snapback]549339[/snapback]
Not quite Texas got backdoored by Bama. Sounds like you are saying when Colt quit the mighty UT Defense quit as well. Nice character by Macky's boys as usual.

They quit for the next 2-3 series after that. They were pretty good the rest of the game. Bama has a tough rushing attack.

Speaking of character for quitting, Texas (I don't think) has ever lost a game the next game after losing to OU. TCU absolutely cratered after losing at Tech and at Texas. Nice character by CGP's boys. And what about TCU's effort vs. Boise in both the FW bowl and Fiesta Bowl? Left a little to be desired.

ftwfrog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 23 2010, 04:02 PM) [snapback]549481[/snapback]
They quit for the next 2-3 series after that. They were pretty good the rest of the game. Bama has a tough rushing attack.

Speaking of character for quitting, Texas (I don't think) has ever lost a game the next game after losing to OU. TCU absolutely cratered after losing at Tech and at Texas. Nice character by CGP's boys. And what about TCU's effort vs. Boise in both the FW bowl and Fiesta Bowl? Left a little to be desired.

TRUE COLORS ONCE AGAIN!!!

You wonder why people dog pile on your BS??

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 23 2010, 05:02 PM) [snapback]549481[/snapback]
TCU absolutely cratered after losing at Tech and at Texas. Nice character by CGP's boys. And what about TCU's effort vs. Boise in both the FW bowl and Fiesta Bowl? Left a little to be desired.

Wow ...

Just throws out blanket negative comments without any thoughts as to those teams, personnel, what happened ... and to slam GP and players like that ... all to defend his Whorns.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 24 2010, 07:16 AM) [snapback]549613[/snapback]
Wow ...

Just throws out blanket negative comments without any thoughts as to those teams, personnel, what happened ... and to slam GP and players like that ... all to defend his Whorns.

Top ... ?
It may be time :tongue:

gdu

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 24 2010, 12:16 PM) [snapback]549613[/snapback]
Wow ...

Hmm, you mean the EXACT same thing froglicious did? Not defending Texas; just saying football games aren't played on paper and it looks pretty stupid to pick on a team, that has finished ranked higher than us for as long as I can remember, for doing something we have done as well.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 24 2010, 08:26 AM) [snapback]549619[/snapback]
Hmm, you mean the EXACT same thing froglicious did? Not defending Texas; just saying football games aren't played on paper and it looks pretty stupid to pick on a team, that has finished ranked higher than us for as long as I can remember, for doing something we have done as well.

You never learn :wacko:
Dude, why in the hell didn't you just go to school at Texas?

Frog Attack II

May I just say that I'm really sick of going into a thread & seeing more than a third of the posts from gdu with his inserts of Texas this / Texas that.... no one can say anything (whether negative or positive) about UT w/out an on-slaught of gdu posts... every thread is hijacked by either back-handed negativity or spammed by gdu's UT brown nosing.

Will everyone please stop responding and put him on ignore?....

He seriously degrades my killerfrogs buzz / fix that I need on a daily basis, which is probably the intention of his drivel in the first place.