• The KillerFrogs

NFL Draft: No. 1; 3 of first 4 picks from OU

gdu

Not sure about you, but I care way more about college production than where a player is drafted. I would rather TCU win a championship than have 5 players drafted in the first round.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 22 2010, 09:56 PM) [snapback]548922[/snapback]
Not sure about you, but I care way more about college production than where a player is drafted. I would rather TCU win a championship than have 5 players drafted in the first round.

OU is CLEARLY out recruiting UT. 3 of first 4 picks in NFL draft. Even Okie State had more first-rounders than Texas.
You Texas fans should be pretty darn embarrassed, if you have enough brains to be.

oldscribe

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 23 2010, 07:20 AM) [snapback]549105[/snapback]
OU is CLEARLY out recruiting UT. 3 of first 4 picks in NFL draft. Even Okie State had more first-rounders than Texas.
You Texas fans should be pretty darn embarrassed, if you have enough brains to be.

On the other hand, UT having one first rounder and OU having four ... and UT doing better on the field than OU....sort of explodes our theory that Mack Brown gets the best recruits but then doesn't do much with them. Meanwhile, TCU's first rounder was a 2-star athlete out of HS, while OU's four were all 4-5 stars to start with, so TCU msut do more to develop talent than either OU or UT.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(oldscribe @ Apr 23 2010, 08:29 AM) [snapback]549108[/snapback]
On the other hand, UT having one first rounder and OU having four ... and UT doing better on the field than OU....sort of explodes our theory that Mack Brown gets the best recruits but then doesn't do much with them. Meanwhile, TCU's first rounder was a 2-star athlete out of HS, while OU's four were all 4-5 stars to start with, so TCU msut do more to develop talent than either OU or UT.

Yeah, it's easy to beat OU without the NFL's top draft choice playing. :wacko: Texas back-doored into that win and the MNC game.

guerinrules

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 23 2010, 12:07 AM) [snapback]548868[/snapback]
And Frogs will have 2.
:laugh:
Gettin' a little behind, Texas?
gdu in 3, 2, 1 ...

and all that supposed talent won them how many NC's?
zero
says more about your boy Stoops than anything else

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(guerinrules @ Apr 23 2010, 08:50 AM) [snapback]549122[/snapback]
zero

NFL Draft:
First round picks
Rutgers 2, Texas 1
embarrassing

BTW, OU has more NCs than Texas :laugh:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(guerinrules @ Apr 23 2010, 08:50 AM) [snapback]549122[/snapback]
zero

But they've played in how many under Stoops? I'd rather have been there and lost than not been there at all.

Yeah, how they didn't parlay losing Bradford into a NC is beyond me ... :rolleyes:

guerinrules

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 23 2010, 02:05 PM) [snapback]549140[/snapback]
Yeah, how they didn't parlay losing Bradford into a NC is beyond me ... :rolleyes:

always some excuse
with that logic, I will blame UT's NC loss to McCoy going down.
I've not once used that excuse, but I guess I can now

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(guerinrules @ Apr 23 2010, 09:41 AM) [snapback]549175[/snapback]
always some excuse
with that logic, I will blame UT's NC loss to McCoy going down.
I've not once used that excuse, but I guess I can now

Not an "excuse." Just reality.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 23 2010, 09:43 AM) [snapback]549177[/snapback]
Not an "excuse." Just reality.

How freakin' simple to say Texas would have won with Boy McCoy in there the entire game. That is so lame. 'Bama worlds better than Texas. Texas had NO CLUE as to how to stop 'Bama's running game.
I will conceded that Texas would have not lost by as much had McCoy been in there. But with the pretty good game Gilbert - clearly a better passer than Boy - had the excuse is really lame.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 23 2010, 09:57 AM) [snapback]549193[/snapback]
How freakin' simple to say Texas would have won with Boy McCoy in there the entire game. That is so lame. 'Bama worlds better than Texas. Texas had NO CLUE as to how to stop 'Bama's running game.
I will conceded that Texas would have not lost by as much had McCoy been in there. But with the pretty good game Gilbert - clearly a better passer than Boy - had the excuse is really lame.

Pretty sure Texas doesn't gift wrap those three scores (I believe it was) with McCoy in there ... I think it would have gone down to the wire with McCoy in there.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 23 2010, 10:00 AM) [snapback]549199[/snapback]
Pretty sure Texas doesn't gift wrap those three scores (I believe it was) with McCoy in there ... I think it would have gone down to the wire with McCoy in there.

Probably so. But we will never know. But Gilbert scares me. Scares me into believing he will give UT plenty of chances to hang a legit banner.

guerinrules

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 23 2010, 02:57 PM) [snapback]549193[/snapback]

How freakin' simple to assume ou would have won the NC with a healthy Bradford.
Can't have it both ways.
\,,/

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 23 2010, 09:00 AM) [snapback]549199[/snapback]
<br />Pretty sure Texas doesn't gift wrap those three scores (I believe it was) with McCoy in there ... I think it would have gone down to the wire with McCoy in there.<br />

Prolly right. The way McCoy shredded Nebraska and OU he would have annihilated Bama's top ranked D. Wait...

I think Texas would have gotten crushed worse because Bama wouldn't have let up.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(guerinrules @ Apr 23 2010, 10:15 AM) [snapback]549206[/snapback]
How freakin' simple to assume ou would have won the NC with a healthy Bradford.
Can't have it both ways.
\,,/

Never posted that Mr. Read What I Want to Read.
Said with Bradford OU would have kicked Texas' WalMart arse.
ut_sucks.jpg

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(guerinrules @ Apr 23 2010, 07:50 AM) [snapback]549122[/snapback]
<br />and all that supposed talent won them how many NC's?<br />zero<br />says more about your boy Stoops than anything else<br />

It is actual further proof that Stoops developes his talent and Mack doesn't. UT classes alwas out rank OU classes. Not saying they would have beat Bama because I don't. But with a healthy Bradford and Gresham they would have rolled UT. I don't have a horse in this race but Stoops has accomplished so much more than Macky even with lower rates clases.

guerinrules

QUOTE(froglicious @ Apr 23 2010, 03:27 PM) [snapback]549218[/snapback]
It is actual further proof that Stoops developes his talent and Mack doesn't. UT classes alwas out rank OU classes. Not saying they would have beat Bama because I don't. But with a healthy Bradford and Gresham they would have rolled UT. I don't have a horse in this race but Stoops has accomplished so much more than Macky even with lower rates clases.

1 = 1

gdu

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 23 2010, 01:20 PM) [snapback]549105[/snapback]

I don't care about recruiting rankings for TCU and I damn sure don't care about them for Texas. Winning is what I care about.