• The KillerFrogs

NFL Combine Thread

TRF51

Wish Patterson didn’t over think it and try putting him at DE, his play dropped off at LB when he was moved back. His sophomore year was his best year. He was on track to be our best LB in a long time.

Wexahu

Yep, they all increased their status.

At this point I'm thinking: Collier 2nd, Banogu 3rd, Summers 4-6

If you'd have told me before the season that Collier would be that high a pick, I'd have thought you were absolutely nuts. And it looks like he'll be no worse than a 3rd rounder based on everything I've seen. Good for him, he's gonna make a nice chunk of cash.

Froggish

If you'd have told me before the season that Collier would be that high a pick, I'd have thought you were absolutely nuts. And it looks like he'll be no worse than a 3rd rounder based on everything I've seen. Good for him, he's gonna make a nice chunk of cash.
It makes you wonder why it took so long to emerge at TCU...seemed like he was always untapped potential until the very end of his Jr season

Eight

It makes you wonder why it took so long to emerge at TCU...seemed like he was always untapped potential until the very end of his Jr season

hard to say, some guys need time to mature mentally and physically.

collier outclassed everyone he stepped on the field against in high school and i doubt he was ever really pushed at munday.

change in level of competition, change in position, change in day to day going from munday to tcu. a number of things you have to work through and a big one was consistency.

lj would flash at times and then disappear. when it kicked in the middle of last year it stuck and in the end that is all that matters.

Last edited:

tcudoc

hard to say, some guys need time to mature mentally and physically.

collier outclassed everyone he stepped on the field against in high school and i doubt he was ever really pushed at munday.

change in level of competition, change in position, change in day to day going from munday to tcu. a number of things you have to work through and a big one was consistency.

lj would flash at times and then disappear. when it kicked in the middle of last year it stuck and in the end that is all that matters.
This is clearly a case of Munday morning quarterbacking.

Froggish

Knowing that we could possibly have 3 Def players drafted Ben, LJ, and Ty...and we have another year of Gladney which if he stays healthy is a top 3 round guy next year.....I am all the more baffled by how OU [ hundin] slapped us around the field last year....

jake102

Knowing that we could possibly have 3 Def players drafted Ben, LJ, and Ty...and we have another year of Gladney which if he stays healthy is a top 3 round guy next year.....I am all the more baffled by how OU [ hundin] slapped us around the field last year....

OUs OL will end up having 4 or 5 guys from their 2018 team who are drafted in round 1 or 2.

PhillyFrog

Gary's not often going to run into different Heisman quarterbacks two years in a row.

I have my fingers and toes crossed he doesn't run into that three years running.

Wexahu

Don’t know of anyone that has GPs number over years like Riley seems to. Sounds dumb to say that. Talent gap has something to do with it, but there seems to be a bit more issue then that.

OU gets their RBs and TEs heavily involved in their passing game and that is the kryptonite of this defense IMO. We just don't seem to account for them much in our typical defense and they just kill us with isolating those guys on our LBs and safeties.