• The KillerFrogs

NFL Combine Thread

Froggish

riley once again has an experienced quarterback to work with in hurts.

jalen may not be perfect and no one might not be ready to put him on the same level as mayfield and murray, but he has started multiple games and performed well in a number of big game situations.

he is going to have offensive weapons in the receivers they return, 3 great receiver prospects who are enrolled and going through spring, a couple of above average backs, and return their tight end.

riley's strength to me so far has been putting his players in situations for success by attacking the mismatches in the opposing defenses. against patterson it simply wasn't throw the ball when tcu stacked the run, but isolating the tcu safeties in coverage.

the biggest question is the ou offensive line and they have flipped that over before. they return a very good center, recruited well, have a highly regarded juco tackle on campus going through spring, and might have the best o-line coach in the big 12.

beating them isn't impossible, but to think the machine stops rolling with the change of players i think is missing what they have done already with riley.

Jalen will have plenty of success under Riley...I’d be happy if just tried to take one dimension away. Conventional wisdom says make Hurt beat you with his arm and take your chances.

That scheme and Riley’s ability to exploit weaknesses is extremely impressive

netty2424

They lose almost their entire NFL caliber OL also.
I don’t follow OU outside of when TCU plays them that week, but I’m sure they’re to the point, given their recruiting classes, where they’re just reloading. Just looked up their team recruiting ranking, 2017-2018-2019, 8-9-6.

And I know those rankings are team rankings and not specifically o-line, but given their recent offensive success, I don’t imagine there will be much drop off at o-line. Or offense in general.

Best TCU can hope for, imo, is Lincoln Riley to move on.

Froggish

Holy snap Ole Miss WR is a freak

6-3
228Lbs
1.9% body fat (Combine Record)...Ridiculous
40.5 Vert
27 times on the bench...

Hasn’t ran yet...but dang..the measurables are freakish

TooColdU

6-3
228Lbs
40.5 Vert
27 times on the bench...

He won’t even be the best WR from Ole Miss in this class. AJ Brown will be a better pro. DK doesn’t run any routes besides a fade or 9

Eight

6-3
228Lbs
40.5 Vert
27 times on the bench...

67 career catches, never caught more 39 in one season and most yards were 646 in that same season as a soph.

only played in 7 games this past year.

so at one point does production matter over raw talent?