• The KillerFrogs

Next years offense

MinFrog

I had a thought today. What if our offense looks like the Briles offense at Rape U. They would either throw the WR screen/throw it deep or run it.

I think that would be perfect for SR. He has the arm strength to throw it deep or get it to the sideline with zip and doesn’t require him to go through progressions. All he would have to do is read the run or pass, then make one read and throw.

I think it makes sense to fit the playmakers we have and a young QB.

FrogCop19

We also don't need to resort to churning out one-dimensional QB's to be successful. SR will be capable of so much more than "Throw deep or throw short." With our weapons, he'll have so many more options it would be criminal to underutilize him like that.

That's why Bryce Petty had to learn everything he knew about coverages from Madden 2016 or whatever year it was, because Briles didn't prep his kids for the next level; all he cared about was winning, not whose lives he crushed to get there.

MinFrog

We also don't need to resort to churning out one-dimensional QB's to be successful. SR will be capable of so much more than "Throw deep or throw short." With our weapons, he'll have so many more options it would be criminal to underutilize him like that.

That's why Bryce Petty had to learn everything he knew about coverages from Madden 2016 or whatever year it was, because Briles didn't prep his kids for the next level; all he cared about was winning, not whose lives he crushed to get there.

I agree, I am not trying to pigeon hole SR into being one dimensional like those flakes at Rape U.

My point is that as he is a true sophomore, maybe it sets him up for success to make the game more simple until it slows down for him.

Wexahu

I had a thought today. What if our offense looks like the Briles offense at Rape U. They would either throw the WR screen/throw it deep or run it.

I think that would be perfect for SR. He has the arm strength to throw it deep or get it to the sideline with zip and doesn’t require him to go through progressions. All he would have to do is read the run or pass, then make one read and throw.

I guess some people were more enamored with that offense than I was.

HG73

We're not hiring Briles, are we?

FrogLifeYo

Enforcing the lineman down field rule really kills that scheme...

I like it to be a little more RPO out of creative sets to get both DA and Sewo on the field together a few times a game