• The KillerFrogs

Newy interviewed an emotional Coach P about the title game

Moose Stuff

Trust me Coach P doesn’t want to be a distraction or anywhere near the players before the game …let him sit in a donor’s box for the game then come down on the field to celebrate after our victory! We would not be in this position without Coach P and he absolutely deserves to be there!
He doesn’t “deserve” to be anywhere near this team.

Moose Stuff

Yes, it would be a mistake, however after the win in the locker, you bet!
On being emotional, he's just like any director, manager, executive who spent a storied experience, then see something like this, it would make you emotional too. Don't misunderstand, I'm not opposed to GP being a part of it all, but after. Emotional.... I can guarantee you, if we win, I'll be bent over in joy and disbelief and crying my eyes out.. Disbelief....??? It's taken this admiration and past to get us to this point and folks it has been a LONG time coming! I fully expect this university to be even more aggressive in the coming days.

Heard yesterday an estimation of the additional revenue Ft. Worth has enjoyed because of this TCU team. It is not substantiated, but I asked them to repeat that because I couldn't believe what I heard!!

And oh, BTW, this remark is directed toward the fools who constantly remind us that Georgia is far superior. Every time TCU HAS PLAYED an SEC team,.....little ol' TCU WON! Just a few years ago, Dabo understood who TCU was when the game ended!

On BAP this morning, it was said, THIS WILL BE THE BIGGEST STORY IN the history of FT. WORTH AND TCU EVER ... REPEAT EVER.. IF WE WIN THIS GAME. Everyone I know is leaving or has left for LA this morning.

.yes, if we can keep it close in the Fourth........LOOK OUT!! Those guys on the field have already given 100% to get it to that point. Then the adrenaline X 1 kicks in.

Good everything to us.
You have an odd recollection of our successes vs SEC teams.

Moose Stuff

You think Donati has anything to do with TCU Olympic sport success largely from athletes who committed and joined TCU before he became AD?

Yeah Donati totally has some impact on men’s tennis being top 10 (no that started during CDC)

[ What the heck? ]?
Mario Lopez Football GIF

Planks

the way he left was crappy. No doubt he wishes a do over.

i dont get the anger over UT —— WE FIRED HIM! you cant fire someone and then control their vocational choice.

Patterson was obviously free to do whatever he wants. But it’s not like he went and got the best job or money he possibly could. He chose the job that would give him the best chance of revenge against TCU, basically working for free for an analyst position at UT.

It was 100% his right to seek revenge against TCU. But it’s our right as fans to judge him for that decision.

Toad Jones

Hubris, meet Nemesis. As pride goeth before a fall, so those whom Gods destroy they first make mad. That interview showed me a great deal of remorse in Gary, a sense that he realizes what he had, how he went off the rails, and how he lost everything through his own stubbornness and intractability.

If he truly hated TCU, and wished to destroy, he certainly wouldn't keep all those mementos up on the walls. Each and every day, like all the rest of us, he deals with the choices he made in the past that he cannot change. He feels the remorse, and is now admitting it. While I believe there will never be a place for him at TCU in any decision-making capacity, there will come a time for reconciliation. Perhaps in another 9 years or so...
Back story.. a little anger, a little jealousy, a marginal amount of regret, still confused but wants attention for constructing personnel playing in a Natty. Believe's he is the architect. Dangerous ground to be walking. Many, many people ask why Sonny has accomplished so much in only months and why he couldn't! Then scooted off to a major, major opponent for vengeance. This is the issue here. Personal problems are compounding and becoming a "muck".

froggy

Back story.. a little anger, a little jealousy, a marginal amount of regret, still confused but wants attention for constructing personnel playing in a Natty. Believe's he is the architect. Dangerous ground to be walking. Many, many people ask why Sonny has accomplished so much in only months and why he couldn't! Then scooted off to a major, major opponent for vengeance. This is the issue here. Personal problems are compounding and becoming a "muck".
He needs to stand back before he ruins his legacy here

This Engel article was in the Houston Chronicle today. One of two articles on the Frogs
The Chronicle has been writing daily about the Frogs. After the Michigan win, the entire front Sports page was covered by a headline and a Taye Barber end zone photo. Today was a Glory to Hypnotoad picture and title covering half the front page.

It was TCU’s 2015 game in Minny that inspired the search for something comparable. The Golden Gophers was using Dramatic Chipmunk to distract on kicks—Oberkrom kicking. TCU thought it was funny and it is.
61ECF6A5-45BB-4D52-9F58-B1FD17B39261.png

Last edited:

Toad Jones

You think Donati has anything to do with TCU Olympic sport success largely from athletes who committed and joined TCU before he became AD?

Yeah Donati totally has some impact on men’s tennis being top 10 (no that started during CDC)

[ What the heck? ]?
Donati is the unsung hero. Quiet, intelligent. Sports savvy AD. He pulled the trigger that got us where we are today!

crankuptheenolagay

From everything I've seen, it didn't have to end the way it did. Gary could have been a part of this had he not thrown a fit and ran to Texas.

I love the guy. I wish he was the one who brought us here, but he wasn't, and he is an employee of the university of Texas.
Agreed, He ran to Texas. But CDC did it first and is the main reason GP is there now.