• The KillerFrogs

Newest polls Sun Oct 17

Virginia Frog

Our buds, the Baptist are in at 20 (Press,Coaches)

Texas is still getting votes - hello voters are you unconscious, drunk, or having your wife or underling vote for you? They're embarrassing themselves!

Okie St is in the Top 10 (#8 and #9)

SMU #21 goes up in the Press and falls from the Coaches (they didn't play) - makes little sense.

Our new buds, Cinci are jumped by the Okie Normans in the coaches (SEC bias???) after a W vs a marginal foe (TCU).

Wexahu

Texas is still getting votes - hello voters are you unconscious, drunk, or having your wife or underling vote for you? They're embarrassing themselves!

SMU #21 goes up in the Press and falls from the Coaches (they didn't play) - makes little sense.

Our new buds, Cinci are jumped by the Okie Normans in the coaches (SEC bias???) after a W vs a marginal foe (TCU).
Coaches have an SEC bias?

TCUdirtbag

Missing the forest for the trees. TCU is currently the, what, at-best 7th-best program in the state:

17. A&M
20. Baylor
21. SMU
24. UTSA
RV. Texas
RV. Houston

Let it sink in that there are ***6*** teams ahead of us…from our state. We’re holding down the bottom with University of North Texas, Tech, Rice, and UTEP

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Oh, I wish nothing but confusion and pain on the rapists. If Aranda left a bunch of recruits at dinner and literally drove away like Tuberville I would simply laugh.

Like Hoosier says, it would suck donkey balls to be a "stepping stone" again...

Eight

And…likely the same thing would happen at TCU. Someone comes in, makes a name and is off to Big State school, just like it was before GP.

so you are saying the frogs have success with their two hires after gary?

do some here completely live in fear of change? it is going to happen but this isn't the same school and program when fran and gary came to ft worth. please don't repeat the wacker line because the facilities at tcu at the time of jim wacker were total [ Finebaum ].

seriously the weight room was that free standing building by the track which doesn't come close to the facilities of today as well as the stadium, locker room etc......

LVH

Missing the forest for the trees. TCU is currently the, what, at-best 7th-best program in the state:

17. A&M
20. Baylor
21. SMU
24. UTSA
RV. Texas
RV. Houston

Let it sink in that there are ***6*** teams ahead of us…from our state. We’re holding down the bottom with University of North Texas, Tech, Rice, and UTEP

We are ranked higher in ESPN's FPI and Bill Connelly's S&P than SMU, UTSA, and Houston

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

do some here completely live in fear of change? it is going to happen but this isn't the same school and program when fran and gary came to ft worth. please don't repeat the wacker line because the facilities at tcu at the time of jim wacker were total [ #2020 ].

seriously the weight room was that free standing building by the track which doesn't come close to the facilities of today as well as the stadium, locker room etc......
Pretty much everyone’s facilities are better than they were in Wacker’s time. Do you actually think facilities at TCU make us a go to spot for recruits or a coach? I’m saying that if someone comes in and is successful, the chances of keeping him from going somewhere that may be perceived as a step up are just the same as it’s ever been.

Wexahu

do some here completely live in fear of change? it is going to happen but this isn't the same school and program when fran and gary came to ft worth. please don't repeat the wacker line because the facilities at tcu at the time of jim wacker were total [ #2020 ].

I remember that weight room. LOL. Hard to believe that was the weight room of a Division 1 athletic program only 30 years ago. I’m sure there are 3A Texas HS programs today that would consider that a piece of [ Finebaum ].

Wexahu

Pretty much everyone’s facilities are better than they were in Wacker’s time. Do you actually think facilities at TCU make us a go to spot for recruits or a coach? I’m saying that if someone comes in and is successful, the chances of keeping him from going somewhere that may be perceived as a step up are just the same as it’s ever been.
Disagree. Not saying we wouldn’t be a stepping stone, but the caliber of coach we could attract now is much better than it was back then. Besides, there are probably only 10-15 jobs out there that aren’t considered stepping stones to some degree.

Money matters, and if we’re willing to pay 4M+ the list of quality candidates will be long.

Eight

so where is the problem?

does anyone truly believe that if tcu had not progressed through the various conferences that gary would have been content to stay in ft worth all this time?

effectively he has been the coach at 4 different programs in terms of level of competition and 3 as the head coach. with all that said, that doesn't mean you don't address the current problems out of fear that tcu most likely won't be able to keep its next head coach 20 years

Toad Jones

Rick Neuhisel said a couple weeks ago, the four team playoff system will be the norm for a while longer Reason they don't want to share the money with 8 or 12 team playoffs. Going to 8/12 teams waters down the take.

They'll find a TCU reason not to include Cincy in the four team playoffs. That's my opinion. not Rick's.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
so where is the problem?

does anyone truly believe that if tcu had not progressed through the various conferences that gary would have been content to stay in ft worth all this time?

effectively he has been the coach at 4 different programs in terms of level of competition and 3 as the head coach. with all that said, that doesn't mean you don't address the current problems out of fear that tcu most likely won't be able to keep its next head coach 20 years
Huh? If GP hadn’t succeeded at each stop of course he wouldn’t have stayed. He would have been just another asst that failed.

I’m not saying GP hasn’t gotten stale and perhaps a change is needed. I guess more than anything I just don’t understand all the vitriol aimed at GP. People act as if the man is personally out to piss them off.

This is just my opinion, but other than Notre Dame, USC or to a lesser extent Miami, no private schools are considered a big job. Do you believe we can attract big name coach away from a big program? My guess we roll the dice on some young guy that has succeeded outside of the P5 like Tech or maybe an asst from a bigger school that has never run a program like Tech or Baylor. Then we either go through the cycle of hire/fire or should they succeed lose them to a bigger job (Unless the stars align just right and we get another Meyer, Martin or the dreadEd GP). I guess the best parallel is K State. Snyder had a run of success, stalled out, hired/fired and now they be right back where they were. I obviously don’t know what the answer is.

I know that we have to eventually move on, but our DNA seems to show we’re have had 3 maybe 4 successful coaches with lots years of mediocrity. I’m never going to assert you don’t make changes and you always go in looking ahead for packed houses and lots of w’s with a new guy. But our history showed exactly for guys that had success, Schmidt (1929-1933, 2 SWC titles, left for tOSU), Dutch 1934-52 109-79-2 2 NCs), Abe (1953-66, 74-64-7), and the dreaded GP (2000-?, 181-77, 6 conf championships, 11-6 bowl record, and responsible to a great extent for all those shiny new facilities).

Maybe change is needed, but I would hope a little respect and less vitriol aimed at the man. You never know how long it might be till we find another.