• The KillerFrogs

New TCU NIL initiative

Is this a shell to get players money directly? Or is this another one of those guidance programs to teach players how to go get endorsement money for themselves? If it's the latter, it's a big freaking waste of time and much ado about nothing.

Either pay the players directly (booster, to intermediary, to player) or get out of their way. No kid wants to go around Fort Worth shilling and begging for money. Either the big money guys need to step up and pay the kids, or TCU just needs to accept its future fate as a G5 level has-been. TCU is never going to succeed if the sales pitch is "come here, and we'll give you skills to self market and go maximize your value to businesses in the area." Meanwhile you'll have Houston and Texas Tech out there paying recruits cold hard cash, with guarantees and performance bonuses.

TCU better wake the heck up real fast, or else it's going to be singing its swan song in about five years.

Moose Stuff

Is this a shell to get players money directly? Or is this another one of those guidance programs to teach players how to go get endorsement money for themselves? If it's the latter, it's a big freaking waste of time and much ado about nothing.

Either pay the players directly (booster, to intermediary, to player) or get out of their way. No kid wants to go around Fort Worth shilling and begging for money. Either the big money guys need to step up and pay the kids, or TCU just needs to accept its future fate as a G5 level has-been. TCU is never going to succeed if the sales pitch is "come here, and we'll give you skills to self market and go maximize your value to businesses in the area." Meanwhile you'll have Houston and Texas Tech out there paying recruits cold hard cash, with guarantees and performance bonuses.

TCU better wake the heck up real fast, or else it's going to be singing its swan song in about five years.
I have no idea what exactly it is but you seem to be jumping to some conclusions that aren’t real productive.

punter9

Wish chicken express would come out and say they’re paying every player via a split of revenue. I’d eat there every day
Orrrrrrr instead of losing a huge % to running a chicken shack…..form an llc and sponsor a player? You could probably donate thousands and be ahead if you figured in avoided diabetes costs

I think the point is that some posters tend to walk the negative line.
This is a business now. In any business, there are sunshine pumpers and their are devil's advocates. It's the way of the world. The realists lie somewhere in between. Any good company has a balance of all three. The discourse should be welcome here, in a public forum, where more voices being heard can make a difference.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
This is a business now. In any business, there are sunshine pumpers and their are devil's advocates. It's the way of the world. The realists lie somewhere in between. Any good company has a balance of all three. The discourse should be welcome here, in a public forum, where more voices being heard can make a difference.
Informed discourse is great. What you did wasn’t that.

vicarfrog

Wake me up when it's time to fund a program or hire a finance coach that actually will train these athletes to keep, grow, and eventually be generous with their money through tithes and charities.

Otherwise they're just going to spend their money like crazy, get used to that lifestyle, and then end up in debt like no one has ever seen before. Take it to the bank (no pun intended).

CardFrog

On other threads we discussed that there are multiple groups forming around the NIL initiative but is there any talk about merging these efforts so it is a more coordinated effort? Anyone have some insight here? I know there is the Flying T but I am sure there are others.

tcudoc

How long until one of the organizers of these NIL programs across the country that people donate money to is found to be skimming money for themselves?