New playoff rankings....

Moose Stuff

Bama
Clemson
ND
UGA
OU
OSU......

By leaving OU in front of OSU this week it’s hard for me to see any way they justify jumping OSU over OU next week assuming both win. Georgia at 4 seems to give Bama a nice floor in front of OU/OSU if they lose this weekend. Thoughts?

MN Frog

Funny listening to Sirius XM today and the talking heads saying how well tOSU defense played against Michigan, making them a more well rounded team than OU. Did I watch a different game? They gave up 39 right?

Not to mention tOSU giving up 49, 51 and 31 in 3 of the previous 4 weeks. Unreal how the narrative can be carried by these idiots.

Moose Stuff

Funny listening to Sirius XM today and the talking heads saying how well tOSU defense played against Michigan, making them a more well rounded team than OU. Did I watch a different game? They gave up 39 right?

Not to mention tOSU giving up 49, 51 and 31 in 3 of the previous 4 weeks. Unreal how the narrative can be carried by these idiots.

I used to think the talking heads knew WAY more about college football than the rest of us. Reality is that most of them don’t.

4 Oaks Frog

Bama
Clemson
ND
UGA
OU
OSU......

By leaving OU in front of OSU this week it’s hard for me to see any way they justify jumping OSU over OU next week assuming both win. Georgia at 4 seems to give Bama a nice floor in front of OU/OSU if they lose this weekend. Thoughts?
I think we have ALL seen stranger things than that happen. If there is anyway without starting an armed revolt, tosu will be in...
GO FROGS!
BEAT next up!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and still [Baylor asshoe]!!

Wexahu

It’s going to come down not only to who wins, but how they win. If OU wins and looks really good doing it, they are in really good shape. If they give up 35+ and win by a FG, all bets are off. Same with OSU. They need a very convincing win. And Alabama might be in good shape even if they lose as long as they aren’t blown out. They’ve been far and away the most impressive team so far this year so I wouldn’t really have a problem with them staying in even with a loss.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Last year proved that wrong. Short memories here.
I'm nearly 100% certain that if OU and tOSU wins and Georgia loses then Ohio State will jump OU no matter what. The committee will use the lackluster performance of the B12 this year and OU's perceived lack of defense as excuses to exclude them; no way they're leaving out a B10 team this year.

Wexahu

I'm nearly 100% certain that if OU and tOSU wins and Georgia loses then Ohio State will jump OU no matter what. The committee will use the lackluster performance of the B12 this year and OU's perceived lack of defense as excuses to exclude them; no way they're leaving out a B10 team this year.

If OU wins by 3 and OSU wins by 30 I think you’re right. If they both win by 14, OU is in. 100%. At least over OSU.

netty2424

Why are still treating these things like they're based in logic and reason? If the committee wants Alabama and Georgia in the final 4 they'll put them in there and use whatever [ the old ricardo ]amamie reasoning to justify their decision.
Agree. These rankings don’t mean ship week to week, this week included.

Wexahu

They were NEVER gonna leave the Big 10 out, until they did. It can easily happen again if OU wins impressively. No way to justify OSU jumping OU by beating a lesser team, it simply won’t happen unless OSU handles NW easily and OU struggles with Texas.

HFrog1999

Welcome back to the College Football Playoff Committee, where everything’s made up and the polls don’t matter....

MixedTidyFlyinglemur-small.gif