• The KillerFrogs

New Orleans Saints: Andy Dalton lights up practice as team prepares for preseason opener

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
New Orleans Saints: Andy Dalton lights up practice as team prepares for preseason opener

Michael Hull

With Jameis Winston sidelined due to a sprained right foot, quarterback Andy Dalton took the starting snaps during training camp Wednesday and looked sharp doing so as the Saints prepare for their first preseason game in Houston against the Texans on Saturday.

"I feel really good about where I'm at," the 12-year veteran said. "I feel really confident with everything that we're doing, and I feel like I'm in a really good place."

Winston won't play Saturday due to the foot injury, so Dalton likely will get the nod. The former Texas Christian University Horned Frog was dialed in during most of practice, but he was exceptional in the team's seven-on-seven red zone drills, tossing five touchdowns — three of which went to Michael Thomas — and going a perfect six-for-six inside the 10-yard line.

Read more at https://www.neworleanssaints.com/ne...-dalton-lights-up-practice-as-team-prepares-f

Brevity Frog

Winston out with foot injury and hasn’t been seen in practice all week. Is that normal? Wouldn’t a Qb attend practice to be involved? Or am I wrong about how that works? Just seems strange.

yurintroubl

Somewhere I have a screengrab of a post from 6-7yrs ago re: how I thought Dalton should be brought in a Brees' successor. I think Andy would've been amazing getting some time with both Payton and Brees like Winston has.

Gonna have to settle with this "historical screengrab" to serve as proof of long-term belief...
lcqX0VH.jpg

LisaLT

I always hope the BEST for Andy. He is such a high character athlete, and a positive influence on any team he is on. I feel he is like a better version of Ryan Fitzpatrick, who has been on almost every NFL team in the league. These journeyman backups often get plenty of playing time - just ask Fitzy. AND best of all, they get paid well. Good luck to him this season :)