• The KillerFrogs

New OC hired!

blacktiger

full house frog said:
Anybody consider Anderson and/or Burns might be looking into other gigs, who knows. I'm just glad we have a new OC and a new direction.

As for GP, I think he made a mistake by letting Anderson be the play caller but he thought JA could keep the offense rolling after Fuente. I'm not mad, just glad he saw the problem and is correcting it.
If Anderson leaves don't you think he will take his current recruits with him? Like Foster, or the TJC kid? Or the Juco from Iowa?  Along with a lot of others.  As some forget he recruited half the defense to make this program & GP better like Drew Coleman, Marvin White, Quincy Butler, Robert Henson.  Not to mention the offensive players; Q Harmon, Lonta Hobbs, Marcus Brock, Luke Shivers, Matthew Tucker, James Dunbar, Wayne Daniels, Justin Watts, Andrew Ward, Stephan Hodge, Corderra Hunter, Quinton Cunnigan, jake Kirkpatrick, & many others you forget about.  You blame the play calling, but maybe the players we currently have didn't perform what they were supposed to do.  I don't think JA told the wr to drop most of the balls.  Luper is the blame on that one.  What about the drug problem, has anyone thought of this counting into the factor?  Hope JA does leave and takes the current recruits too.  Fuente walked in when this program was loaded & didn't recruit anyone, and tried to get out every opportunity to leave.  While others were recruiting he got an agent and got out of here.  Where is he now, I forgot. 

blacktiger said:
If Anderson leaves don't you think he will take his current recruits with him? Like Foster, or the TJC kid? Or the Juco from Iowa?  Along with a lot of others.  As some forget he recruited half the defense to make this program & GP better like Drew Coleman, Marvin White, Quincy Butler, Robert Henson.  Not to mention the offensive players; Q Harmon, Lonta Hobbs, Marcus Brock, Luke Shivers, Matthew Tucker, James Dunbar, Wayne Daniels, Justin Watts, Andrew Ward, Stephan Hodge, Corderra Hunter, Quinton Cunnigan, jake Kirkpatrick, & many others you forget about.  You blame the play calling, but maybe the players we currently have didn't perform what they were supposed to do.  I don't think JA told the wr to drop most of the balls.  Luper is the blame on that one.  What about the drug problem, has anyone thought of this counting into the factor?  Hope JA does leave and takes the current recruits too.  Fuente walked in when this program was loaded & didn't recruit anyone, and tried to get out every opportunity to leave.  While others were recruiting he got an agent and got out of here.  Where is he now, I forgot. 

Good grief.  First of all, Fuente started out as an assistant (RB coach) under Schultz in 2007 and became OC in 2009.  He didn't just beam himself in in time for those players to reach maturity.  So, you think JA didn't tell receivers to drop ball and perform poorly but Luper did?  Idiotic, neither one of them told the players to do that; just something that happens when the team is poorly prepared and coached.  I have no idea how to address the correlation between Anderson and the drug issue.  I'm going to assume that he had nothing to do with that and would have tried to address it had he known. 

You are delusional if you think that any school that is good enough to lure our players (any that we want to keep around anyway) would hire him in any meaningful coaching capacity so you can just hope all you want to that he leaves and takes players with him.  Not going to happen.

Where is he now?  He is the head coach at Memphis.  That means that he was good enough that someone wanted to hire him for a higher position as opposed to him being canned as play-caller during halftime of a game and having his job as OC go entirely to another individual.

If you think JA is a good recruiter, well, cool.  Let him be recruiting coordinator.

blacktiger said:
Heck of a first post. Former player?

Frog-in-law1995

blacktiger said:
10/10 would read again.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
blacktiger said:
Sorry but I don't see recruits lining up to follow Anderson.  

blacktiger

wes said:
Sorry but I don't see recruits lining up to follow Anderson.  
Well he recruited my son to come to TCU and play in the pros after that.  You obviously have no idea!  I have jumped on here for years just for entertainment, but after your verbal bashing about someone you said you don't know personally you have little credibility.  Good recruits make a winning team.  Positive coaching and encouragement can develop a person to be better. Jarrett made my son a better person and athlete that he still talks to on a regular bases.  He has made a difference in a lot of players that you have no idea.  Do I think recruits would follow him?  Well look how many have followed him, because it wasn't the school.

jake102

blacktiger said:
Well he recruited my son to come to TCU and play in the pros after that.  You obviously have no idea!  I have jumped on here for years just for entertainment, but after your verbal bashing about someone you said you don't know personally you have little credibility.  Good recruits make a winning team.  Positive coaching and encouragement can develop a person to be better. Jarrett made my son a better person and athlete that he still talks to on a regular bases.  He has made a difference in a lot of players that you have no idea.  Do I think recruits would follow him?  Well look how many have followed him, because it wasn't the school.

More hints please! 

Andy Dalton?

Hemingway

blacktiger said:
Kerley's Dad?

Dogfrog

blacktiger said:
I dont know JA but I do appreciate his contributions to TCU. I think he has a family and no matter what happens deserves some level of respect. Fan board posters tend to sometimes demonize folks unfairly which is unfortunate. I wish him well.

blacktiger

More Frogs the Better said:

Good grief.  First of all, Fuente started out as an assistant (RB coach) under Schultz in 2007 and became OC in 2009.  He didn't just beam himself in in time for those players to reach maturity.  So, you think JA didn't tell receivers to drop ball and perform poorly but Luper did?  Idiotic, neither one of them told the players to do that; just something that happens when the team is poorly prepared and coached.  I have no idea how to address the correlation between Anderson and the drug issue.  I'm going to assume that he had nothing to do with that and would have tried to address it had he known. 

You are delusional if you think that any school that is good enough to lure our players (any that we want to keep around anyway) would hire him in any meaningful coaching capacity so you can just hope all you want to that he leaves and takes players with him.  Not going to happen.

Where is he now?  He is the head coach at Memphis.  That means that he was good enough that someone wanted to hire him for a higher position as opposed to him being canned as play-caller during halftime of a game and having his job as OC go entirely to another individual.

If you think JA is a good recruiter, well, cool.  Let him be recruiting coordinator.
Well first of all, my point to this thread was recruiting and that is what is takes to make a team.  Its all about recruiting!  There was no correlation to JA and the drug issue, except TCU LOST players to DRUGS.  Did you understand those words?  The reason Coach Anderson went on the field after half time was Luper couldn't get the personnel on the field and ready.  Coach Anderson is the only one that has the patience while Gary is yelling in his face when offense is on the field.  Did that enlightened you any there, More Frogs the Better?  And the reason Fuente left is because he hired an agent to get him out of TCU, did you know that?  It has actually come to the point where asst coaches have agents to get there names out, Memphis didn't come find him.  Do you understand?

blacktiger said:
Well first of all, my point to this thread was recruiting and that is what is takes to make a team.  Its all about recruiting!  There was no correlation to JA and the drug issue, except TCU LOST players to DRUGS.  Did you understand those words?  The reason Coach Anderson went on the field after half time was Luper couldn't get the personnel on the field and ready.  Coach Anderson is the only one that has the patience while Gary is yelling in his face when offense is on the field.  Did that enlightened you any there, More Frogs the Better?  And the reason Fuente left is because he hired an agent to get him out of TCU, did you know that?  It has actually come to the point where asst coaches have agents to get there names out, Memphis didn't come find him.  Do you understand?

My reading comprehension is quite good, actually, but is made better when people clearly articulate their points.  On your second attempt you were able to clarify your thoughts on the drug issues.  So, yes, to answer your repeatedly stated inquiry, I believe that I now understand your point relative to that issue.  I'm sure that no one would argue that player attrition has been a factor in the team's performance.  I'm sure that no one would argue that recruiting is not vitally important to results on the field.  Likewise, I'm sure that most would agree that coaching the players you have to maximize their strengths and not accentuate their weaknesses is an important factor in on-field performance.  Clearly, the defense seems to have been just as affected, other than Casey, by personnel losses and injuries.  They still performed well.

So was the coach misinforming people when he stated that Anderson was no longer calling the plays?  Did we not still have numerous delay of games and time outs due to failure to get the play in timely after JA returned to the sideline?   Is there a new OC due to the performance of the offense the last two seasons? 

And yes, I'm aware that coaches have agents and that their agents promote their clients toward achieving their career goals.  Seams reasonable that Fuente would have employed an agent if he wanted to be a head coach--just like GP, Nick Saban, and Les Miles to name a few--likewise employ agents to further their interests. So yes, I understand your point about that even if my perspective on it is somewhat different that yours.

Your attitude is confusing to me.  You compliment the program's effect on your son and his development as a player and person.  Yet, you say that reason recruits come to TCU is "not for the school" and you "hope" that the TCU program is damaged by players following JA to some other school.  Kind of an incongruent thought process to me.    That part I don't understand.

Whatever, you have your opinion.  Didn't mean to upset your apple cart so much.

tcufrogprince1

blacktiger said:
Bottom line is JA WAS the OC this year and the offense sux.  It doesn't matter if the players dropped the ball or the coaches under him.  He is ultimately responsible.  If Coach P continues to have lousy seasons in the Big 12, it will be the same for him.  Kids are coming to the school first and coaches second.  I am sure some would follow, but not most.  As for you wishing they all left, that's kind of daft.  I doubt you really are a tcu parent if that's really the case.

blacktiger

More Frogs the Better said:

My reading comprehension is quite good, actually, but is made better when people clearly articulate their points.  On your second attempt you were able to clarify your thoughts on the drug issues.  So, yes, to answer your repeatedly stated inquiry, I believe that I now understand your point relative to that issue.  I'm sure that no one would argue that player attrition has been a factor in the team's performance.  I'm sure that no one would argue that recruiting is not vitally important to results on the field.  Likewise, I'm sure that most would agree that coaching the players you have to maximize their strengths and not accentuate their weaknesses is an important factor in on-field performance.  Clearly, the defense seems to have been just as affected, other than Casey, by personnel losses and injuries.  They still performed well.

So was the coach misinforming people when he stated that Anderson was no longer calling the plays?  Did we not still have numerous delay of games and time outs due to failure to get the play in timely after JA returned to the sideline?   Is there a new OC due to the performance of the offense the last two seasons? 

And yes, I'm aware that coaches have agents and that their agents promote their clients toward achieving their career goals.  Seams reasonable that Fuente would have employed an agent if he wanted to be a head coach--just like GP, Nick Saban, and Les Miles to name a few--likewise employ agents to further their interests. So yes, I understand your point about that even if my perspective on it is somewhat different that yours.

Your attitude is confusing to me.  You compliment the program's effect on your son and his development as a player and person.  Yet, you say that reason recruits come to TCU is "not for the school" and you "hope" that the TCU program is damaged by players following JA to some other school.  Kind of an incongruent thought process to me.    That part I don't understand.

Whatever, you have your opinion.  Didn't mean to upset your apple cart so much.
Your reading comprehensive still isn't that good. I didn't compliment the program for my son, I complimented Coach Anderson for the way my son is today, not TCU. And I never stated that I hope the TCU program is damaged by players following Coach Anderson to another program.  My first post was to bring the awareness of how many player Coach Anderson has brought to TCU.  How genuine he is and caring.  TCU is a difficult school to attend especially when you don't come from a wealthy, educated, 2 parent home.  That was my point.  I've been reading on this board degrading comments regarding Coach Anderson and I was simply bringing it to your attention and anyone else who reads this board what this man has contributed to TCU football.  My son doesn't go back to TCU, but he does still keep up with Coach Anderson.  Just because I address you doesn't mean you upset my apple cart, I was just telling you what he has done for my son and Im sure other players.  I do however wish I knew about this board before my son attended school there.

Lots and lots of football Lettermen do come back to TCU, and often, and in many valuable and rewarding ways.  Good luck to you, your son and Coach Anderson.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.   

blacktiger said:
Your reading comprehensive still isn't that good. I didn't compliment the program for my son, I complimented Coach Anderson for the way my son is today, not TCU. And I never stated that I hope the TCU program is damaged by players following Coach Anderson to another program.  My first post was to bring the awareness of how many player Coach Anderson has brought to TCU.  How genuine he is and caring.  TCU is a difficult school to attend especially when you don't come from a wealthy, educated, 2 parent home.  That was my point.  I've been reading on this board degrading comments regarding Coach Anderson and I was simply bringing it to your attention and anyone else who reads this board what this man has contributed to TCU football.  My son doesn't go back to TCU, but he does still keep up with Coach Anderson.  Just because I address you doesn't mean you upset my apple cart, I was just telling you what he has done for my son and Im sure other players.  I do however wish I knew about this board before my son attended school there.

Some things are stated literally, some by implication.  If I am to conclude that you want recruits to leave TCU for the betterment of the program, then yes, my reading comprehension is deficient when encountering your method of expressing yourself.  On the one hand, I am supposed to absorb that recruiting is critically important to a program while interpreting that you don't believe the loss of recruits would hurt the program?  Gotcha.

Also, I guess I should have realized that all the other coaches, academic counselors, professors and student life professionals at TCU had no impact on a student who attended the school, played on the football team, and made it to the pro level.  It was all JA and no one else.   Understood.

I get it.  You don't like TCU but you like JA.  Fine.  Like I said, you are entitled to your opinion.  Have a nice evening.

Horny 4 Life

blacktiger said:
Coach Anderson, is that you?

Moose Stuff

blacktiger said:
If you read this board enough you would know that it's most unanimous that Anderson can really recruit. I've also never read one post stating that he is anything other than a good guy. What he is not, is a good offensive coordinator and anyone who thinks otherwise is insane. Personally I hope he stays on staff as it's quite obvious that the players really like him (and I'm sure Gary knows that). As for recruits following him if he leaves.....I'm willing to bet almost anything that NONE of them will.