• The KillerFrogs

New OC hired!

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
TX_Krötenechse said:
Normally it wouldn't be on my mind, it is just strange that Houston has already announced a replacement before we even confirm that he's been hired.
The replacement was on already on the staff and they have a bowl game to prepare for.

I can't answer as to why our announcement hasn't occurred yet but have to believe that its related to some HR requirement at the university.

He's coming and is probably already hard at work.  

Gunner

It could be that what you should be watching now is who Meachem recruits.   Does he know how to use a power formation, when needed.  Does he recognize we don't even have a fullback to block in the red zone? 

tcudoc

Gunner said:
It could be that what you should be watching now is who Meachem recruits.   Does he know how to use a power formation, when needed.  Does he recognize we don't even have a fullback to block in the red zone? 
I just hope we can find the red zone with regularity next year.  Baby steps...

jack the frog

hometown frog said:
Stuff went official today. Not sure when an announcement will be made. Multiple moves, not just OC.

Man, that is just good news. You appear to be in the know so I will just take it as good news pending. I was kind of worried that this might have been a one and done move. Sounds like it is not.

Ron Swanson

ATC Frog said:

3bAV19S.gif

ronswansonmustachesooohappy.gif

Genbukan

I saw somewhere that Luper was interviewing for the SF Austin Head Coaching job.  I would think that would take some time but it might be on the horizon.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Ron Swanson said:

Someone on another site a week or so ago hinted that there might be mutual interest between TCU and Chris Thomsen, the OL Coach coach at Ariz St.
Didn't know he was there. Former Frog. Though not in football.

jake102

TopFrog said:
Didn't know he was there. Former Frog. Though not in football.

Thomsen played football three seasons (1988-90) and baseball one season (All-America and All-Southwest Conference with 21 home runs and a .373 batting average) at TCU before being selected in the 17th round of the Major League Baseball Amateur Draft by the Oakland Athletics. He was TCU's Male Athlete of the Year in 1991.

CountryFrog

Ron Swanson said:

Someone on another site a week or so ago hinted that there might be mutual interest between TCU and Chris Thomsen, the OL Coach coach at Ariz St.
I think that would be great! Hope it's true.

Westsider

hometown frog said:
Stuff went official today. Not sure when an announcement will be made. Multiple moves, not just OC.
Once again, you toss a little crumb our way. I'll give you til noon tomorrow to give us everything you know. Otherwise, you're gonna get choo choo boo boo'd.

hometown frog

Like others I'm not sure why the OC hire announcement hasn't been made by CDC or Gary. It's an official done deal. So they are waiting on something. I believe Wes was the one that suggested they could be waiting to formalize a few other moves and then announce them all together. Seems viable to me.

TX_Krötenechse

Someone mentioned upthread "mutual interest" between AZ St OL coach and us. Assuming we take that at face value, they may just want to announce both hires at the same time along with any other moves.

Speaking of that, would he be a good hire? Is ASU's line good? Never watched them play.

CountryFrog

TX_Krötenechse said:
Someone mentioned upthread "mutual interest" between AZ St OL coach and us. Assuming we take that at face value, they may just want to announce both hires at the same time along with any other moves.

Speaking of that, would he be a good hire? Is ASU's line good? Never watched them play.
They had a terrific offense this year. I wasn't really watching the OL specifically since I didn't know that their OL coach may be a candidate for our job, but the line certainly wasn't holding ASU back at all this year the way it did TCU.

TX_Krötenechse said:

I don't see any reason to think it wouldn't be a very good hire.  He has experience as a head coach and has coached OL in a similar offense at Tech.  ASU certainly put up some points this season.  I think that he got some positive mention as a fallback to Kliff if Tech couldn't get him as HC last season and those guys don't seem to like any of their coaches, ever.