• The KillerFrogs

New Engel Masterpiece! Can you believe it?

Brog

Well, my morning Startlegram arrived, here in mid-Fort Worth, after a 7 o'clock game last night which we won, against all odds. Great game! Wanted to read about it. But not a word about the game in the paper! Nothing. But headlining the sports section was an Engel story about TCU's struggle for mediocrity in the big12. And here's Engel's masterpiece. "When grading TCU, the program must be held not to the standards of its opponent on Tuesday night, Texas Tech. .... TCU IS CLOSER TO Texas Tech ON A MAP THAN IT IS ON A BASKETBALL COURT." Read it if you don't believe it. And I look forward to a story covering the game maybe Thursday or Friday this week. Which, if you hadn't heard, we won 65-54.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
One immediately thinks that they would be ashamed to do such a thing. We thus make the mistake of assuming that anyone in the Media is possessed of shame, or morals, or any semblance of responsibility beyond that of 1.) Selling newspapers, or 2.) Generating clicks.

froginaustin

That's on you man

My morning paper sux, too.

But if you don't subscribe, you can't write complaining letters threatening to drop the subscription.

It may be like drops of water falling on a stone, getting a newspaper to improve by subscriber pressure. But that's better than doing nothing.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Well, my morning Startlegram arrived, here in mid-Fort Worth, after a 7 o'clock game last night which we won, against all odds. Great game! Wanted to read about it. But not a word about the game in the paper! Nothing. But headlining the sports section was an Engel story about TCU's struggle for mediocrity in the big12. And here's Engel's masterpiece. "When grading TCU, the program must be held not to the standards of its opponent on Tuesday night, Texas Tech. .... TCU IS CLOSER TO Texas Tech ON A MAP THAN IT IS ON A BASKETBALL COURT." Read it if you don't believe it. And I look forward to a story covering the game maybe Thursday or Friday this week. Which, if you hadn't heard, we won 65-54.

Not to stereotype, but when you say "my paper arrived" I'm assuming you're about 106 years old.

Mean Purple

Guess he felt dumb after thinking about the win. Because the story on line is about a quarter way complimentary.

he is still an [ Arschloch]

Big Frog II

I have to rant about the S-T. The game is over at 9, and yet the paper does not have the game story in the morning paper. Really!!!!!

What we get is another passive aggressive article from you know who that basically says, TCU can be OK in basketball but never great, Meanwhile his team at Kansas is pretending to be hockey players.

ShreveFrog

Don't know what the ST's deadline/printing situation is (and not to make an excuse for Muck). But in recent years, the deadline for the Shreveport sports page (or perhaps whole newspaper) became 7 pm (or so I heard from reliable source). And that's because they outsourced the printing to some remote locale. So, for example, you won't see Friday night football coverage in Saturday morning's paper. But you will see it online.

No, I don't still get home delivery of a newspaper.

This Muck thing is hilarious though.

Someone @82Frog photoshop Jamie holding up a newspaper with a headline "Tech defeats TCU," ala President Truman. And send it to Muck.

DeweyDefeatsTruman-56a48e283df78cf77282f14d.jpg