1. The KillerFrogs

New Drama regarding TCU

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by tcumaniac, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Then provide it

2. I love when people who know nothing about the industry are so certain and yet so wrong.

3. I’ve pointed you to news stories that cite academic studies. Not my fault you don’t like them.

4. the first symptom of virtue signaling is claiming someone else is virtue signaling. the second is calling a woman a witch.

5. I’m specifically interested in TCU and stated as such. I don’t care about a two year associates degree in Missouri

Tre J, stbrab, Boomhauer and 5 others like this.
  6. At least point out where I'm wrong. Never thought of Baylor, OU, OSU, KSU, ISU, Tech and WVU as institutions that would draw a bunch of Californian artsy hipsters but maybe I am off base.

8. Seriously. How do kids like this get into TCU? Must be paying full boat.

9. It’s apparently Dr Kirkland in history dept

10. Yeah but, one can never forget Penis Cookies.

Our sainted Wes said Penis Cookies and giggled about it hours before passing away. That’s staying power!

nwlafrog, Salfrog, tcumaniac and 4 others like this.
  11. Two years public service is one of the major boards of Steel’s platform. Doesn’t have to be military necessarily but two years public service for every citizen age 24 or younger.

12. Higher Ed in general is in a death spiral and they are generally aware of that fact, and becoming desperate despite their billions...

Its an unsustainable business model. Prices rising astronomically while the costs of delivering the service are trending asymptotically towards zero.

13. Consider the immigration system now repaired. President elect Biden gave us the name of
    Alejandro Mayorkas, who would be the first Latino and first immigrant to lead the Department of Homeland Security. He will now be in charge of immigration, so no more problems at the border. Right. Sure. Of course.

Salfrog and Showtime Joe 2.0 like this.
  14. I haven’t thought about it much, to be honest, but it seems unethical to attach a loan with a principal balance of about $200,000 to someone who might truly struggle with homelessness or lack of food, and then have the gall to call the loan+interest “aid.”

15. For most undergrad tracks, the value and the in-person degree is not the education, but rather the networking and “student experience.”

I felt like TCU was worth it back in the early 2000‘s when I attended, but that’s mostly because there was no way to learn similar/same content online.

Between YouTube, Google, Khan Academy and other similar free resources, you don’t need to spend $50K for the knowledge any longer. You go to college to network, meet your spouse, meet your lifelong friends.

steelfrog likes this.
  16. I haven’t received the “no thanks” letter yet to my monthly donations. Do you know if there will be a year end refund for the whole year?

tcudoc likes this.
  17. pretty much sums up the internet in general...

18. Most of which may have come from the Castro district of San Francisco just because they like butterfly tats...

Endless Purple likes this.
  19. the demographic has heavily changed within the past 5 years, too

20. We have been interviewing Junior TCU business majors for an internship at the company I work for...anecdotally, school pride and excitement, specifically around sports, seems to be at an all time low (at least since I enrolled over 10 years ago) based on my conversations with the students. Historically most kids we've interviewed have always been pretty engaged, excited, and in the know regarding our main sports teams and it's always been fun to get the scoop from the perspective of the students. The kids this year consistently really didn't seem to give a crap about our football team or other sports.

One of the guys said it pretty well when I expressed slight disappointment in his apathy towards TCU football. He was like, "This is my 3rd year at TCU and we've done nothing but suck. The games aren't fun to go to (especially this year) and our team isn't fun to watch. I'm not the only one that doesn't care. I honestly don't know anyone that does."