• The KillerFrogs

New BIG 12 Divisions

Putt4Purple

I along with most everyone on this board knows about the supposed new 4 schools supposedly going to be voted in the Big 12? The schools discussed are Brigham Young University, University of Houston, University of Cincinnati and University of Central Florida.
How does the conference breakdown align? This is assuming there will be two divisions as the way the Big 12 operated before the previous realignment. North/South? East/West? What are your thoughts? The geographic breakdown makes it difficult in my opinion but I will give it a try.
I can only think of a North/South Division others my have their thoughts,breakdowns. Here we go.

North/South
North: Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., University of Cincinnati, West Virginia, and Brigham Young University.
South; Texas Christian University, Texas Tech University, Baylor University, University of Houston, Oklahoma State University and University of Central Florida.

That's my two cents worth. Go Frogs!!

jake102

My competition power rankings of the programs based on the past 10-20 years and where I think each is trending:

1) Oky State
2) TCU
3) UCF
4) BYU
5) Iowa State (toughest one here... if Campbell leaves they could easily drop to #11 real fast... or they could be #1 if he stays)
6) Cincy
7) Houston
8) WVU
9) Baylor
10) Tech
11) KState
12) Kansas

My competition power rankings of the programs based on the past 10-20 years and where I think each is trending:

1) Oky State
2) TCU
3) UCF
4) BYU
5) Iowa State (toughest one here... if Campbell leaves they could easily drop to #11 real fast... or they could be #1 if he stays)
6) Cincy
7) Houston
8) WVU
9) Baylor
10) Tech
11) KState
12) Kansas
You’ve got K-State way too low. At least they’ve won the Big XII conference.

froglash88

North:
Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., University of Cincinnati, West Virginia, and Brigham Young University.

South:
TCU, Texas Tech University, Baylor University, University of South Florida, Oklahoma State University and University of Central Florida.

Austintxfrog94

5214c9ecd89a0477de83223e9e28129d.gif

Paul in uhh

I along with most everyone on this board knows about the supposed new 4 schools supposedly going to be voted in the Big 12? The schools discussed are Brigham Young University, University of Houston, University of Cincinnati and University of Central Florida.
How does the conference breakdown align? This is assuming there will be two divisions as the way the Big 12 operated before the previous realignment. North/South? East/West? What are your thoughts? The geographic breakdown makes it difficult in my opinion but I will give it a try.
I can only think of a North/South Division others my have their thoughts,breakdowns. Here we go.

North/South
North: Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., University of Cincinnati, West Virginia, and Brigham Young University.
South; Texas Christian University, Texas Tech University, Baylor University, University of Houston, Oklahoma State University and University of Central Florida.

That's my two cents worth. Go Frogs!!
Hard to do north south across three time zones. It’ll be East and west if I had to bet.

west:
BYU
Tech
Baylor
TCU
OSU
Houston

East:
WVU
UCF
Cincy
KU
KSU
ISU

Last edited:
I like the alignment in the first post, but here's another for [ Finebaum ]s and giggles:

Old School: BU, ISU, KSU, KU, OSU, TTU
New School: BYU, TCU, UC, UCF, UH, WVU

asleep003

North:
Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., University of Cincinnati, West Virginia, and Brigham Young University.

South:
TCU, Texas Tech University, Baylor University, University of South Florida, Oklahoma State University and University of Central Florida.
Best one yet !

Planks

I still think a zipper format makes the most sense from a balance standpoint. Every school would have one permanent cross divison rival. Something such as the following:

Div A - Div B
TCU - BU
Tech - UH
KU - KSU
ISU - OSU
Cinn - WVU
UCF - BYU

The divisions are balanced geographically and each school has a logical geographical rival (UCF/BYU being the lone exception).

-Both divisions get a private Texas school (TCU/BU)
-Both divisions get a public Texas school (Tech/UH)
-Both divisions get a Kansas school (KU/KSU)
-Both divisions get a Midwest school (OSU/ISU)
-Both divisions get an Eastern School (Cinn/WVU)
-Both divisions get a far away school (UCF/BYU)

Last edited:

Limey Frog

I still think a zipper format makes the most sense from a balance standpoint. Every school would have one permanent cross divison rival. Something such as the following:

Div A - Div B
TCU - BU
Tech - UH
KU - KSU
ISU - OSU
Cinn - WVU
UCF - BYU

The divisions are balanced geographically and each school has a logical geographical rival (UCF/BYU being the lone exception).

I like it, but the downside is that no one will ever ever be able to remember what teams are in what division. Still, I'm sure they'll make the right decision after some thought and discussion.

Frog Brother

Div A - Div B
TCU - BU
Tech - UH
KU - KSU
ISU - OSU
Cinn - WVU
UCF - BYU

I like this "zipper" alignment. This is what the ACC does and it seems to work fine for them. I really don't want a SWC light division.

Div A - Div B
TCU - BU
Tech - UH
KU - KSU
ISU - OSU
Cinn - WVU
UCF - BYU

Mourning.gif