• The KillerFrogs

New baseball uniforms

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
not sure if I’m just whelmed or underwhelmed...
Yeah. Hmmmm. So let’s say I’m in Mexico. I go to a Toros soccer game. I’m more likely to be their fan and buy a jersey if it says The Toros ???

Wouldn’t that just be The Bulls?

And sure, I got my season tickets for the Cabo San Lucas “The Tourists” of the Sur Baja Ligas because of the gringo reach out program.

Zubaz

I’m good. Already fluent. You?
tenor.gif

Realtorfrog

All I ask regarding uniforms is this..... a couple of those almost require full leggings. A couple would even look good in stirrups. The others are best with long pants. My point is this, you have six sets of unis from different eras. Wear them appropriately and with everyone the same according to the uniform, not the player.

I wish they all wore stirrups. I just can’t get used to long pants in baseball. I know ..... I’m old!

WhatTheFrog

I love the pinstripes and the throwbacks. i'll willingly accept anything that #PharmFrog wants to throw my way, though (as long as it's sports attire-related).

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Y’all are wasting your time. Unless proper Spanish is going to displace it, Mike Judge (the new Nostradamus) has me preparing for the following: “But the English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valley girl, inner city slang, and various grunts.”
I posted this picture on the football uniform thread to show the guitar-pick TCU badge, but it also shows the unfortunate phrase embroidered inside the collar. Instead of elevating the students, we are dumbing-down to the lowest denominator. At least it won't show when they are wearing it.
c34b18c4-4938-4c28-85a4-fe594d9ff777.jpg

Paint It Purple

I posted this picture on the football uniform thread to show the guitar-pick TCU badge, but it also shows the unfortunate phrase embroidered inside the collar. Instead of elevating the students, we are dumbing-down to the lowest denominator. At least it won't show when they are wearing it.
"For All We Have And Are"
BY RUDYARD KIPLING
For all we have and are,
For all our children's fate,
Stand up and take the war.
The Hun is at the gate!
Our world has passed away,
In wantonness o'erthrown.
There is nothing left to-day
But steel and fire and stone!
Though all we knew depart,
The old Commandments stand:—
"In courage keep your heart,
In strength lift up your hand."

SuperBarrFrog

Sorry Quilter, but this is a bad take.