• The KillerFrogs

Neeley Profesor Robert Rhodes Passes

Fosterpark Squatter

Unfortunately received this news earlier. Had the pleasure of taking Business Law with him.

From the Vice Chancellor

"Dear TCU Community,

Late last night, I received very sad news of the death of our beloved faculty member Robert Rhodes, professor of professional practice in management and leadership at the Neeley School of Business, due to complications related to COVID-19.

This is a devastating loss for our community. Dr. Rhodes was a cherished faculty member who devoted more than 30 years to TCU students, both undergraduate and graduate, who lauded him repeatedly for teaching excellence and his unforgettable style.

Dr. Rhodes practiced law until he came to TCU in 1984. With a well-known booming voice in class, he encouraged questions, conversations, debates, and the exploration of complex issues from every angle.

Well loved by students and alumni in the Neeley School and beyond, Dr. Rhodes was awarded Honors Professor of the Year in 2020 by the John V. Roach Honors College; Neeley Distinguished Professor in 2018, Top 40 Undergraduate Business Professor by Poets & Quants in 2017, Best MBA Professor seven times, EMBA Outstanding Faculty numerous times, Neeley Alumni Professor of the Year in 2008; and the Michael and Susan Baer Award for Outstanding Mentoring in 2008.

I know we will all dearly miss Rob and his wisdom, wit and passionate desire to teach. A memorial will be posted on the Neeley School website, www.neeley.tcu.edu.

Late last night, I received very sad news of the death of our beloved faculty member Robert Rhodes, professor of professional practice in management and leadership at the Neeley School of Business, due to complications related to COVID-19.

This is a devastating loss for our community. Dr. Rhodes was a cherished faculty member who devoted more than 30 years to TCU students, both undergraduate and graduate, who lauded him repeatedly for teaching excellence and his unforgettable style.

Dr. Rhodes practiced law until he came to TCU in 1984. With a well-known booming voice in class, he encouraged questions, conversations, debates, and the exploration of complex issues from every angle.

Well loved by students and alumni in the Neeley School and beyond, Dr. Rhodes was awarded Honors Professor of the Year in 2020 by the John V. Roach Honors College; Neeley Distinguished Professor in 2018, Top 40 Undergraduate Business Professor by Poets & Quants in 2017, Best MBA Professor seven times, EMBA Outstanding Faculty numerous times, Neeley Alumni Professor of the Year in 2008; and the Michael and Susan Baer Award for Outstanding Mentoring in 2008.

I know we will all dearly miss Rob and his wisdom, wit and passionate desire to teach. A memorial will be posted on the Neeley School website, www.neeley.tcu.edu."