• The KillerFrogs

NCAA will permit athletes to be compensated

jake102

The board said directed the three separate divisions of college sports to immediately begin figuring out how to update their rules in a way that maintains a distinction between college and professional sports. The board members said in a release Tuesday that all changes should make sure student-athletes have the same opportunities to make money as all other students, maintain a priority of the education and the collegiate experience and ensure that rules are "transparent, focused and enforceable" and do not create a competitive imbalance. The board wants each of its division to implement new rules by January 2021.

LVH

There will be a lot of rules and restrictions on this, and the big schools will still circumvent it with their bagmen and illegal money laundering schemes like funneling money through churches. Church laundering is how Clemson currently buys its players.

I still maintain that you have to be careful what you wish for.

LVH

Haven't been keeping up but this doesn't seem to bode well for schools with smaller TV markets. Can someone change my mind?

Depends on the rules. But I am sure the big schools will find loopholes, a way around them, or just keep doing what they have been doing with bagmen and money laundering to purchase players.

DeuceBoogieNights

There will be a lot of rules and restrictions on this, and the big schools will still circumvent it with their bagmen and illegal money laundering schemes like funneling money through churches. Church laundering is how Clemson currently buys its players.

Which is different from the current situation, how?

Austintxfrog94

I remember there being a lot of talk on that being how Cam Newton ended up at Auburn. I like to believe churches would think better of participating in something like that but know thats wishful thinking. The tax benefit going to the contributor through this method as opposed to straight cash makes sense as well. The potential of this at Clemson (considering their recruiting rating year after year) is one reason I don't think Dabo is as squeaky clean as he paints himself. Their muted response to the 3 PED positives during the playoffs last year said a lot as well.