• The KillerFrogs

NCAA Rejects Baldwin's Immediate Transfer Eligibility

Eight

See, I think it's the exact opposite. The NCAA has completely lost its power over the more powerful member institutions, because those teams know they can survive without the NCAA. Ever since Penn State blew up in their face, they've been pretty much neutered. Oh they're find to hit Boise or Mizzou, but they are hesitant to take the harsher steps against the powerful teams because they know their days would be numbered if they did.

ever since the ncaa lost that lawsuit back in the 70's about who controlled the television contracts the power conferences have gotten stronger and stronger and the ncaa has gotten weaker.

consider ou lawyering up a couple of times and basically telling the ncaa scheiss you when it came to investigating them for recruiting violations.

miami's program should have been boarded up and closed with the information the feds were able to provide with the shapiro investigation and miami scheissing stared down the ncaa and made them blink.

even beyond all of that they are one's who screwed up their transfer policy. they had a good rule. if you graduated you can move and not sit, if you haven't you can move but have to sit.

yes, people were going to complain but screw it. apply the rule across the board and you can still try to take the high road about how college sports aren't a business and academics still matter.

they couldn't even do that and i don't know how their decisions could be defended if they got taken to court.

MTfrog5

ever since the ncaa lost that lawsuit back in the 70's about who controlled the television contracts the power conferences have gotten stronger and stronger and the ncaa has gotten weaker.

consider ou lawyering up a couple of times and basically telling the ncaa scheiss you when it came to investigating them for recruiting violations.

miami's program should have been boarded up and closed with the information the feds were able to provide with the shapiro investigation and miami scheissing stared down the ncaa and made them blink.

even beyond all of that they are one's who screwed up their transfer policy. they had a good rule. if you graduated you can move and not sit, if you haven't you can move but have to sit.

yes, people were going to complain but screw it. apply the rule across the board and you can still try to take the high road about how college sports aren't a business and academics still matter.

they couldn't even do that and i don't know how their decisions could be defended if they got taken to court.
Miami is a great example of the NCAA having more than enough for a death penalty and getting no more than a slap on the wrist.

Purp

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...-at-cincinnati/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Another Buckeye granted immediate eligibility somewhere else...Don’t get it
This is puzzling given the denial of Baldwin's appeal for a waiver since they both decided to transfer after spring practice and apparently there was no hardship claim mentioned for Smith. That said, I'm not sure how this is evidence of the NCAA favoring tOSU over us. If anything, it's favoring Cinci or us, but that doesn't make any sense as we're a P5 program and they aren't. I just don't see this news as evidence of any sort of NCAA bias against us; it's only evidence of NCAA malfeasance and inconsistency in applying their own rules.