• The KillerFrogs

NCAA Rejects Baldwin's Immediate Transfer Eligibility

CountryFrog

To be fair, I feel like there’s a difference between Baldwin and the other two. Baldwin went through spring camp and then decided to transfer.
Is there anything in the rules that the timing of the transfer would effect? Seems to me all 3 clearly transferred with the sole intent of seeking more playing time. According to the rules then none of them should be eligible immediately.

netty2424

To be fair, I feel like there’s a difference between Baldwin and the other two. Baldwin went through spring camp and then decided to transfer.
Is there anything in the rules that the timing of the transfer would effect? Seems to me all 3 clearly transferred with the sole intent of seeking more playing time. According to the rules then none of them should be eligible immediately.
Agree with both points really. But I’m leaning towards country’s point simply because they both really left for the same reason, that being the arrival of Justin Fields.

Ron Swanson

Agree with both points really. But I’m leaning towards country’s point simply because they both really left for the same reason, that being the arrival of Justin Fields.
But Martell could say it was because Urban Meyer left (whether it was true or not).

Baldwin couldn’t really say that.

McFroggin

Don’t see how that is a valid reason to decline the waiver. Baldwin is one of if not the best QB on our team. They will definitely file an appeal. The fact that we will is absolute horse [ Finebaum ]. NCAA is so corrupt.

peacock

the ones that hired attorneys and threatened to sue the NCAA got immediate eligibility....the ones that don't get their appeals rejected...it's a simple as that!

OmniscienceFrog

But Martell could say it was because Urban Meyer left (whether it was true or not).

Baldwin couldn’t really say that.

Baldwin could use the same excuse. But he could also say he stayed through the spring to see if he wanted to play for Ryan Day as the head coach and decided he didn't want to. Martell wouldn't be able to say that he even gave it a chance.

Limp Lizard

That should be ok. Let him fully recover from the surgery and prepare for next year. If we can' find an excellent starter from Collins, Rogers, Delton and Duggan, then the addition of Baldwin won't mean anything. The problem won't be offensive talent.

Frogmore

Exactly right! If Fields and Tate were able to make up some [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] story, then Baldwin's [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] story two months later should be considered as well. And, I've said this on another thread, the NCAA should be happy when a kid sticks it out for practice with a new coaching staff. Tries to make it work. Yurcich is an [ Arschloch] compared to Day.