• The KillerFrogs

NCAA denies legitimate transfer waiver

Rose Bowl

as i said, the ncaa destroyed their own case in regards to enforcing the rules when they allowed the [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] exemptions for fields and martel

additionally, i agree that his "having" to go to va tech doesn't hold water in regards to moving closer to home when davidson is even closer and they are the same level of comp at coastal.

problem is the ncaa scheissed themselves by allowing the two quarterbacks to be immediately eligible.

You do know that Coastal is in the Sun Belt which is FBS? Davidson is FCS, the one that plays a real playoff.

A little FYI.

Wexahu

You do know that Coastal is in the Sun Belt which is FBS? Davidson is FCS, the one that plays a real playoff.

A little FYI.

UNC, Wake Forest, Duke, NC State and UNC Charlotte are all closer to home for him than Va Tech. Much closer in the case of Charlotte and Wake. Do those schools not want him?

According to mapquest, Va Tech is 2:15 from his hometown. You really think this is about being closer to home?

Rose Bowl

The problem I have is he gets denied but other kids with no reason to transfer other than they weren’t good enough get immediate eligibility. That is wrong.

mesohornedfrog

I really liked Coach P's suggestion about the transfer process to make it a clear cut thing. Let kids go wherever they want, everyone has to sit out year. However, once you graduate, you get that year of eligibility back.

This would seem to take away some of the excuses around transfer reasons, ultimately it doesn't matter. Just go where you want to, and if you graduate and be the 'student athlete' that the NCAA loves to claim support of, you get your year back.

Wexahu

I really liked Coach P's suggestion about the transfer process to make it a clear cut thing. Let kids go wherever they want, everyone has to sit out year. However, once you graduate, you get that year of eligibility back.

This would seem to take away some of the excuses around transfer reasons, ultimately it doesn't matter. Just go where you want to, and if you graduate and be the 'student athlete' that the NCAA loves to claim support of, you get your year back.

I don't care what the NCAA says about their "support" of student athletes but that's really not their job. I get tired of all the comments suggesting otherwise. All the comments the NCAA makes on that subject are to appease the media and all the sensitive people out there who get all worked up when a poor kid supposedly isn't being treated "fair" (as if things in life are always fair).

The NCAA's job is to legislate and run athletic competitions. That's really it. The schools, the coaches and their parents are who the kids should go to for support, not the NCAA. Play by the NCAA's rules (which are drawn up by the schools themselves) or don't play. That's the way it ought to be.

YA

Just one of many reasons I didn't renew my season tickets. I've just becomed disillusioned with the entire system. I simply do not care at this point. My give a damn is broken. I hope my attitude changes by September but it comes down to the fact that I have so much joy in my personal and professional life that I don't see any reason to involve myself with a rigged system.
You must give some sort of damn if you are posting on the board almost daily