• The KillerFrogs

NBC DFW: TCU Settles Federal Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Filed Last Year

Eight

68jYJL.gif

Froglaw

So was there a “winner”?

A win (a good settlement) is when both parties settle and both are unhappy.

Or

A jury hands the bailiff its final verdict which still makes both sides angry.

Tcu will get out with a cash payment, a Release in Full, and a non disclosure agreement.

Not all bad considering the press a trial would have generated and some of it not very flattering.

Remember, the plaintiffs never get to take the stand and trash TCU as being an incensitive institution.

Maybe in ten years the plaintiffs will realize that TCU was a positive experience in their lives.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
A win (a good settlement) is when both parties settle and both are unhappy.

Or

A jury hands the bailiff its final verdict which still makes both sides angry.

Tcu will get out with a cash payment, a Release in Full, and a non disclosure agreement.

Not all bad considering the press a trial would have generated and some of it not very flattering.

Remember, the plaintiffs never get to take the stand and trash TCU as being an incensitive institution.

Maybe in ten years the plaintiffs will realize that TCU was a positive experience in their lives.
It will be a positive because they managed to grift a six-figure sum out of the institution, after getting what I presume was a decent education. When you can throw up a pile of garbage, and some imbecile judge decides that it all has merit, then here come the rest of the hustlers and con men. The Majesty of The Law looks very much like an ass today.

Spike

It will be a positive because they managed to grift a six-figure sum out of the institution, after getting what I presume was a decent education. When you can throw up a pile of garbage, and some imbecile judge decides that it all has merit, then here come the rest of the hustlers and con men. The Majesty of The Law looks very much like an ass today.

It doesn't take much to survive a 12b6. Doesn't mean they would have won at trial or even survived an MSJ. The school may have spent millions in defense to get a take nothing judgment. Go look at the plaintiffs attorneys website.

It doesn't take much to survive a 12b6. Doesn't mean they would have won at trial or even survived an MSJ. The school may have spent millions in defense to get a take nothing judgment. Go look at the plaintiffs attorneys website.
...and Ginsburg ain't cheap.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I am well aware of the PR issues, and ability of even moderately crafty attorneys to drag things along and cause as much agony as possible for the duration. Using the law to extort money via baseless nonsense is nothing new. Which is why I said as soon as the imbecile judge allowed it to proceed, there was no winning for TCU. The grifters win.