• The KillerFrogs

National Support for the Frogs

Boomhauer

Outside of the vocal minority of OSU, Michigan, and Georgia fans, there is tremendous support for TCU.. I've heard of and met a ton of college football fans who are pulling for the Frogs. Apparently people get sick of the same old blue bloods.

I think it’s this. People don’t want to see the same 4 teams in the CFP every single year. TCU and USC bring new appeal. But throw in tOSU and Alabama again and it’s no different than any other year.

Casey T

I like the idea of facing the #1 team first. You get much more time to prepare for your first game (28 days) than the second (9 days). If the goal is to win a national championship, and not merely play for one, I kind of like the 4 spot.

I’m opposite here. I think Georgia beats us handily with 4 weeks to game plan due to their ridiculously athletic roster. But we have a chance with a normal weeks worth of game planning in the finals

JugbandFrog

Let’s just win - honestly the support in some circles is great and some would not admit we are good even if we beat Georgia for the championship

But if we lose and USC wins - then I would be concerned that we will get screwed for OSU

Plus losing puts up at risk of being #4 even if they let us in - and would much prefer Michigan in the first round vs Georgia
I would actually prefer Georgia. Michigan is a lot more like us than I realized. We can take Georgia's best punch and still keep going, which will throw Georgia off.

Hell, as long as we WIN and get in. I will be ecstatic.

Horny 4 Life

I live in Ohio and wear TCU gear all the time. It rarely gets noticed or commented on. Starting last week people started to comment about the team. After tOSU lost significantly more people stopped me to ask about my affiliation with TCU or just say Good Luck. Now, I'm certain that some of that has to do with the fact that we'll likely being playing That Team Up North in the playoffs, but it hasn't always been Buckeye fans talking to me.

Planks

Stephen A. Smith is not taking TCU‘s inclusion well. He wants to be a buddy of Nick Saban.

Stephen A. Smith—
“Ohio State does not go in after a loss like that before Alabama if USC or TCU lose. You struggled. You (Alabama) lost by a point. You lost by a field goal in the last minute at the buzzer at Tennessee 52-49. They two loses by a combined 4 points. I’m not saying they deserve to be in now, but if USC or TCU loses, Alabama goes in. Yes! Absolutely.”

I think now that we are getting close to the college football postseason, more and more sports pundits are getting pulled into the orbit of these discussions. I think there’s some pundits who are really NFL guys who don’t have that deep a knowledge of college football. Stephen A Smith probably made that comment having no knowledge of the fact that Alabama’s best win this season was TCU’s second best win (Texas).

College Football focused pundits like Joel Klatt are able to break down why Alabama over TCU makes no sense from a resume standpoint.

PineyWoodsFrog

I think now that we are getting close to the college football postseason, more and more sports pundits are getting pulled into the orbit of these discussions. I think there’s some pundits who are really NFL guys who don’t have that deep a knowledge of college football. Stephen A Smith probably made that comment having no knowledge of the fact that Alabama’s best win this season was TCU’s second best win (Texas).

College Football focused pundits like Joel Klatt are able to break down why Alabama over TCU makes no sense from a resume standpoint.
Stephen A.'s favorite team is Alabama. Can't remember a game in which he didn't pick them to win. He's constantly raved about Saban for the better part of 5 years now. This is just him rooting for what's in his heart and more about fandom than actual analysis. Otherwise, he wouldn't keep bringing up us playing Tarleton State as if Alabama didn't play Austin Peay. He loves Saban more than he loves himself, which is saying A LOT. I'm ready for us to close the deal on Saturday so I can see his disappointed face on Monday.

Rabidfrog

It may not be fair, but I feel we gotta win Sat. I think the boys and coaches know this. They will develop a sound game plan. They all know it will be a tough game down to the wire. No way Max would be benched. He is a fierce competitor and will give it all he has.

puckster59

I could be wrong, but I can't see TCU losing focus or motivation. They have a chance to go 13-0 and lock in No. 3 (at least) and play for a natty.

I wonder if K-State fans are worried that their team will let down simply because they really have nothing to play for other than a trophy. They pretty much know where they are going in the postseason.

PineyWoodsFrog

I’m opposite here. I think Georgia beats us handily with 4 weeks to game plan due to their ridiculously athletic roster. But we have a chance with a normal weeks worth of game planning in the finals
I felt like this a month ago due to how our defense was playing. However, they've seemed to come around the last few weeks. Baylor's run game gave us some fits with the counters, but they run it in such an orthodox fashion that it makes me wonder had they been running it that way all year or was it just for us from seeing something on film. They had their entire o-line flow one way and then the guard/tackle would do a 360 like a RB and pull around and lead block in which there was nobody on the edges but a safety and a corner. I don't see Georgia much different from Michigan schematically. Both lean on the run game. Even tho Georgia may have better athletes out wide than Michigan, especially those 2 TEs, they don't seem to use them very effectively. Stetson Bennett has only 16TDs on the year and they've had to grind out some games just like us. I think we're a good matchup with Georgia and anybody else.

Nick Danger

In addition to the defense getting better, you'd have to think that our opponent has just about run out of offensive "wrinkles" to throw at us. It seemed like every game where we had to come from behind in the second half, Dykes would always chalk it up to whoever we were playing starting out the game with some unanticipated offensive scheme, that hadn't shown up in any of the game films. It was these new wrinkles that had TCU initially off guard and "back on their heels", until adjustments could be made at half-time.

But going by the Texas and Iowa State games, it looks like they are running out of new things to try. The announcers specifically mentioned in the Iowa State game that Bradford's first Pick 6 was due to the fact that the TCU secondary had made adjustments already and were keeping an eye out for those mis-direction plays that Baylor had utilized to great effect the week before. After 7 or 8 weeks of getting hit with all the new, unanticipated stuff, and having already received Kansas State's best shot, it may be that Kansas State's bag of tricks is empty! Hopefully, we won't have to dig ourselves out of another first half, three touchdown hole this time. I mean, there's only so many "wrinkles" that will work!

Last edited:

Toad Jones

My nerves come from the fact that they had an 18 point lead, then missed two field goals and at least one overthrown touchdown pass. Since the game, Will Howard has gotten way better, they absolutely drubbed two teams that we beat on the last play of the game (one in 2OT), and we still don't know how solid QJ's ankle is. Plus the game is on turf away from home.

Like....we're favored for a reason, we did beat them after all [and they did lose to a UT team that we beat], but they're a top ten team for a reason. We're going to have to earn it way more than, say, Michigan has to.
Throw all your premonitions out the window and the purple color shades. On the very first play of the game, you're going to see a battle royal. I think this game will be better than the national championship game. Pretty sure there will be one or two overtime periods on this game unless TCU unleash such an offensive, defensive fury and take KState out of it immediately. Special teams better be the best they have ever been, along with the linebackers and secondary. BTW say a little something for Max. He wants to be 110% and with Heisman standing in the wings, the pressure is enormous.

tjcoffice

I don't disagree with any of the comments. But, I feel like we have won already. We were picked to place 7th in the bIg 12. We have come off some pretty mediocre seasons. We have a QB who lietrally came from nowhere to seriously kick butt. IMO, Miller has improved over last year a lot. The defense has just became really stellar. That final two minutes of the Baylor game was some of the sweetest football I have ever seen. Maybe its because I stated watching TCU during the Shofner era, but for me,win, lose or draw, this team is the best. This reminds of the Wacker years when we literally came from nowhere to really shine.

BleedNPurple

The whole committee talks nice until they become Lucy pulling the football away. We need to win Saturday pure and simple then everything else will take care of itself. This team has the talent and will to win. Above all we have the HypnoToad and no one can underestimate the value of that!

All Glory to the HypnoToad

1669860004655.gif

Wexahu

The whole committee talks nice until they become Lucy pulling the football away. We need to win Saturday pure and simple then everything else will take care of itself. This team has the talent and will to win. Above all we have the HypnoToad and no one can underestimate the value of that!

All Power to the HypnoToad

View attachment 12908
It’s “Glory”, not “Power”.

All Glory to the HypnoToad.