• The KillerFrogs

National Signing Day (Official Thread)

ShreveFrog

I don't have a good feeling about getting Chatman. We have a world of wr talent already. He may think he can get more footballs at ASU or the U.  I could be wrong. Don't really care. Wish we had another interior d-lineman in this class to fill the void left by sMack.

Frog-in-law1995

ShreveFrog said:
I don't have a good feeling about getting Chatman. We have a world of wr talent already. He may think he can get more footballs at ASU or the U.  I could be wrong. Don't really care. Wish we had another interior d-lineman in this class to fill the void left by sMack.
2016 is loaded with good DTs. Should be able to get one or two that are worth waiting for.

ShreveFrog

TRF51 said:
I don't understand how schools like TTU and WVU have better a better class then us. We were almost a play off team, you would figure we would have at least a top 20 class.

I know GP has a eye for talent and is the best at deveoping players which makes me feel better about things.

I think you answered your own question. We recruit speed, athleticism, and football smarts. We don't necessarilly fill positions. Look at how many quarterbacks we signed in this class who will never line up at qb for TCU. (But they may throw.)  :)  

TX_Krötenechse

ShreveFrog said:

I agree.  Although he'd be our "best" WR commit for this class, we are bringing in a bunch of really talented players.  Even moving some to defense, most will probably redshirt, and Chatman may want a better chance at immediate PT.  Somebody else mentioned that ASU and Miami are both in bad need of WR talent.

On the other hand, we are going to need three new starting WRs after this season, and so far only two or three underclassmen have gotten significant PT, so there is definitely a chance for a young guy to step up, prove himself, and earn a starting role for years to come.

ChrisHulce

Capt John Mason SAS said:
Fred's offers something that beats any other menu item mentioned in this thread.

ls.jpg

[/end_burger_war]
Is it wrong if that looks really good at 8:31 AM?

ShreveFrog

So who do we like best in this class, and who contributes the most early?  Guess I'll go with Raymond at cb since we seem to need help there and he'll go through spring. 

Moose Stuff

ShreveFrog said:
So who do we like best in this class, and who contributes the most early?  Guess I'll go with Raymond at cb since we seem to need help there and he'll go through spring. 
Raymond for me easily. I also think the OL and DL in this class are being vastly underrated.

cmcbee2

ShreveFrog said:
English was the logical choice on paper, Desoto kid, 3-star DT, some said pushing 4 stars. Must have really lost interest since we let him get away to a conference mate. I can't figure out why the media was reporting that he was deciding between us, KSU and SMU yesterday if we indeed had lost interest. Oh well. I'm moving on. Will be a nice treat to round out this stellar class with Chatman today. The Miami fan tweets have alluded to how spectacular the kid is. Go Frogs!

82 Frog Fever

Just a couple of the tweets going out to Chatman from ASU.  
Notice the tag in the one at the bottom: "Forksup".  I think I'm going to Throwup.

Jeff E retweeted
jasonanthonyn @jasonanthonyn  ·  9h 9 hours ago

@trellc66 ToughDecision 4 a talented youngman.I wish you well.If you do come this way ASU will welcome U to the family w/ openarms GodBless.
0 replies 3 retweets 6 favorites

Jeff E retweeted
Leo Chacon @LeoC1985  ·  9h 9 hours ago

@Biggedge @trellc66 take your time #ASUFootball has a lot to offer! The #SunDevilFamily will welcome you arms wide open. #Forksup

jake102

Moose Stuff said:
Raymond for me easily. I also think the OL and DL in this class are being vastly underrated.

It's interesting that Raymond could end up at safety. Would think that will hinder his ability to play early.

FrogCoach84

Chatman looks like he could be the perfect Doctson replacement.  He could sit a year and really learn to grasp the offense.  In 2016 you would have Porter, Chatman and Jaelan Austin all ready to roll as bigger body outside targets to go with the crazy speed and quicks of all the other WRs.

Really hoping Terrell decides to make Fort Worth his new home.  The more I watch of him the more I think he's a perfect fit to round out this class.

TCURiggs

ShreveFrog said:

I think Turpin will be the most electric guy in this class, but we're so damn stacked on offense that they may want to redshirt him. I would also have said Raymond before hearing GP's comments on him filling out and possibly moving to Safety if that continues, so I'll go with Joe Broadnax or Freeze contributing early. 

I think Arico Evans or Niko Small will end up being the best overall in this class. Niko isn't that big, but he flies around the field and is really smart. Arico is a big guy and also runs really well, and he has QB smarts. I love the secondary guys in this class.

CoachPantHitcher said:
Chatman looks like he could be the perfect Doctson replacement.  He could sit a year and really learn to grasp the offense.  In 2016 you would have Porter, Chatman and Jaelan Austin all ready to roll as bigger body outside targets to go with the crazy speed and quicks of all the other WRs.

Really hoping Terrell decides to make Fort Worth his new home.  The more I watch of him the more I think he's a perfect fit to round out this class.

I'm hoping for Chatman as well. Also, GP mentioned that Tre Heights is very similar to Doctson, but probably a little quicker at this point in his career.

Punter1

Jake102 said:
It's interesting that Raymond could end up at safety. Would think that will hinder his ability to play early.
Not really. Think it's about even. RT has one side locked down but only 1 of 3 safety spots is locked down. Plus with the way the Big 12 throws it...you have to have safeties with great cover skills.

Plus were gonna play 6 DBs a bunch this year on passing downs where the safety and corner back position will be almost the same thing...especially in the slot.

Latest posts