• The KillerFrogs

National Signing Day (Official Thread)

texasrobster1997

jack the weed said:

Yea, that was not a surprise from my perspective. Pretty sure the writing was on the wall as far as qualifying. As desperate as Tech was for help in the D I am not sure what their plan was there except to roll the dice. If I were Tech I would have doing whatever was required to nab English or someone.
For the dumpster fire that is the tech football program, they did a hell of a job recruiting talent IMO. Class looks good but I wonder if they filled their needs. Not much on D, but loaded at receivers. Our class clearly was well thought out in terms of needs but is not as flashy...

TRF51

I don't understand how schools like TTU and WVU have better a better class then us. We were almost a play off team, you would figure we would have at least a top 20 class.

I know GP has a eye for talent and is the best at deveoping players which makes me feel better about things.

TheseStreets

texasrobster1997 said:
For the dumpster fire that is the tech football program, they did a hell of a job recruiting talent IMO. Class looks good but I wonder if they filled their needs. Not much on D, but loaded at receivers. Our class clearly was well thought out in terms of needs but is not as flashy...
They recruited absolutely nothing to fill in the holes in their front seven that will be leaving next year.

Stiff Arm Frog

I will take our class over Tech's any day.

Don't care what the recruiting services say. One recruit with the GMFP Seal of Approval is worth 10 of whoever Coach YOLO thinks is good.

jack the frog

TRF51 said:
I don't understand how schools like TTU and WVU have better a better class then us. We were almost a play off team, you would figure we would have at least a top 20 class.
I know GP has a eye for talent and is the best at deveoping players which makes me feel better about things.
We are ranked ahead of Tech and Baylor by both Rivals and Scout, 2 organizations that specialize in that for what it is worth. If you consider an almost certain non qualifier for Tech with the wide receiver switch then the spread widens further. Plus as was said, Tech did very little recruiting for that D which boggles the mind.

I think we have some hangover with the Mack foolishness or something maybe bringing folks down some.

TCUdirtbag

TRF51 said:

As CGP regularly points out, you recruit off the prior years' record. So for us, 4-8. Over half our signees committed before this season

There's a reason our 2016 class is currently #3 with 8 commits (5 of them 4*).

TRF51 said:

We don't pay our players and have higher academic standards. Pretty sure Tech and WVU have been dragging down the Big 12 academic rankings quite a bit.

ChrisBradshaw

The Purple Jelly that Tech fans have for breakfast every morning is getting ridiculous today after they "flipped our best commit"

Poor kids. Let them keep thinking that

TCURiggs said:
PurpleMenace.com ‏@TCU_Rivals  1m1 minute ago
GP said people said he stole Arico Evans, but noted that not many teams offered him until TCU did and got that "TCU stamp of approval."

I think this is understated. Gary knows teams wait for TCU to offer kids. TCU does the evaluations and other teams recruit kids off TCU's interest. TCU has the best evaluation team. If only TCU could just get a majority of those targets. I think TCU is getting closer in being able to get the majority as the winning seasons keep happening at a consistent basis in the Big 12. What a great class TCU got this year and if TCU can get a top 25 rep each season while in the Big 12 TCU will be huge part of the rise and credibility of a resurgence of the Big 12 conference.

frognutz

cb44 said:
The Purple Jelly that Tech fans have for breakfast every morning is getting ridiculous today after they "flipped our best commit"

Poor kids. Let them keep thinking that
Let them have fun with that. Everyone should have a hug before bedtime.

frogyou

seems like meach/cumbie have a type of receiver they are looking for.

they have doctson and then porter as big bodies, but they do love them some small shifty fellas. as we saw with gray, white, etc.

HornedFrog4Life

What happened to the Darrion Flowers kid out of Arlington Sam Houston?  I did not see on the list of signees at the banquet.  If he did not sign, then that is two WR's who did not make it.

Edit:  Never mind I missed the earlier comment on this thread.  He is on a track scholarship.

Moose Stuff

HornedFrog4Life said:
What happened to the Darrion Flowers kid out of Arlington Sam Houston?  I did not see on the list of signees at the banquet.  If he did not sign, then that is two WR's who did not make it.
Running track only next year is what I've heard.

bscttyb

HornedFrog4Life said:
He made it. He is going to be on a track scholarship for now.  He will then begin playing football in 2016.