• The KillerFrogs

Name Brand Bias

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
It’s not about winning.

It’s about enrollment.

TCU has been winning for a long time. The Frogs are 8-3 against the longhorns since joining the conference. They are our beotches. UT has brand because they’re a huge school with a giant alumni base. We’ve been much better than them for at least a decade.
TCU will never be Big State U, but even going into this season the Frogs are top 25 in TV ratings for many reasons. 1 is the size of it’s market, 2 is the mascot. There are other reasons.

HFrog1999

TCU will never be Big State U, but even going into this season the Frogs are top 25 in TV ratings for many reasons. 1 is the size of it’s market, 2 is the mascot. There are other reasons.

Dance Celebration GIF by TCU Football

East Coast

Tier 1
So if USC beats ND and ND drops to #22, Ohio State should still be credited for beating a Top 5 team? But Clemson’s loss should be considered to be to an unranked team since ND was not ranked at the time?

That makes no sense.
You either misunderstood me or I didn't explain it well. What I meant was committee members should be able to evaluate every team's schedule based on how well (or healthy) their opponent was playing at the time. Just using TCU as an example. If you looked at the teams today, you would say the Oklahoma win was better than the Oklahoma State win, but at the time of the games Oklahoma had not gotten their act together, and the Cowboys were healthier and on a roll. Using the same thought process, Ohio State's win over a disorganized and confused Notre Dame would be far less impressive than if USC beats them this weekend, even if it's only by 1 point.

Wexahu

You either misunderstood me or I didn't explain it well. What I meant was committee members should be able to evaluate every team's schedule based on how well (or healthy) their opponent was playing at the time. Just using TCU as an example. If you looked at the teams today, you would say the Oklahoma win was better than the Oklahoma State win, but at the time of the games Oklahoma had not gotten their act together, and the Cowboys were healthier and on a roll. Using the same thought process, Ohio State's win over a disorganized and confused Notre Dame would be far less impressive than if USC beats them this weekend, even if it's only by 1 point.
Got it, and I agree. I basically think that is what they do.

NewFrogFan

USC has beaten two ranked teams. And now we’re supposedly penalizing them for barely beating them? We are ranked two spots ahead of USC right now. If USC is ranked too high, who should be ahead of them?

I couldn’t give a rats ass what the “talking craniums” say. It doesn’t matter.
You are slow to the party…..again. If you don’t think talking craniums absolutely affected 2014, you are a fool, maybe you are a fool anyway, regardless. What you dont see coming is the “what if”.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
If you can’t compare similar data points then the variable is useless. Period. And even if you are using the same team for comparison you know that each week is different, from injuries to game planning college football isn’t an exact science.

My point is, the ONLY way to determine who the best team is on any given week is to play the game. That’s it. All of these data points, polls, and BS composite models mean NOTHING when that whistle blows.

This is why we needed a 16 team playoff from the beginning.
Hear, Hear!
Barkeep, another round for that bearded football knowledge intellectual in the corner.

Eight

If you can’t compare similar data points then the variable is useless. Period. And even if you are using the same team for comparison you know that each week is different, from injuries to game planning college football isn’t an exact science.

My point is, the ONLY way to determine who the best team is on any given week is to play the game. That’s it. All of these data points, polls, and BS composite models mean NOTHING when that whistle blows.

This is why we needed a 16 team playoff from the beginning.

this, so simple and i believe intentionally ignored by the mouse network and the talking heads who think all this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] hand wringing and drama brings something to the game similar to those who think a well prepared steak needs anything more than salt, pepper, and a good red wine

Last edited: