• The KillerFrogs

My quick takeaways(pun intended)

BABYFACE

1) The bowl game was a microcosm of TCU’s bizarre 2018 season.

2) Didn’t know a negative QB rating was possible, as it was for GM most of the game.

3) Real strange place kicker substitution strategy in response to Cal icing the kicker.

4) Never heard of drop foot as described as hilarious as the broadcast crew did.

5) Interceptions for everyone.

6) Cohen sideline mishap. If we are all honest with ourselves, we wouldn’t have been laughing this morning if that had cost the game. Thank God it didn’t, so we can laugh about it.

Last edited:

Eight

2) Didn’t know a negative QB rating was possible, as it was GM most of the game.

3) Real strange place kicker substitution strategy in response to Cal icing the kicker.

4) Never heard of drop foot as described as hilarious as the broadcast crew did.

6) Cohen sideline mishap. If we are all honest with ourselves, we wouldn’t have been laughing this morning if that had cost the game. Thank God it didn’t, so we can laugh about it.

- i agree that the only way to sum up this season was that bowl game.

-frogs special team situation has been screwed up for years and it has bit them in the ass more than once.

-thought vernon scott played his best game as a frog and the secondary looks solid based upon what projects to return in 2019

-the cohen incident didn't have to happen, that was all on him, it could have impacted the result, but didn't and while i am not one of those who say it should cost him his job i do think it should never have happened because he was in the wrong as to where he was in respect to the field and the sideline.

JugbandFrog

One takeaway I have about Cal is I was expecting more on defense from them and their linebackers. We litterally couldn’t throw the ball and still managed to rush for 260 yards.
They were too obsessed with stopping Reagor. Safeties played 10-15 yards off the ball most of the night and their D Line was not consistently controlling the middle of the field.

Paint It Purple

2) Didn’t know a negative QB rating was possible, as it was for GM most of the game.

7. While Justin Rogers is obviously still recovering from a dislocated knee, did he look like Rothlesberger shucking that blitzer? Wishful thinking on my part?

froginaustin

7. While Justin Rogers is obviously still recovering from a dislocated knee, did he look like Rothlesberger shucking that blitzer? Wishful thinking on my part?

There's gotta be a reason he hasn't been offered a medical retirement (and scholly), freeing up a player scholarship. High, high hopes for Rogers from me.

Paint It Purple

There's gotta be a reason he hasn't been offered a medical retirement (and scholly), freeing up a player scholarship. High, high hopes for Rogers from me.
If you happened to see the video of his injury, it’s a wonder he’s walking. I hope he had a good surgeon in Shreveport. I’m guessing that his nerve damage therapy is progressing, albeit in small measures. I think the kid is a stud, just based on that one play. Every QB we have would have gone down in a heap

kidkarr

If you happened to see the video of his injury, it’s a wonder he’s walking. I hope he had a good surgeon in Shreveport. I’m guessing that his nerve damage therapy is progressing, albeit in small measures. I think the kid is a stud, just based on that one play. Every QB we have would have gone down in a heap
It appeared as if he was not wearing an AFO
Either, so he may be starting to feel that nerve firing and getting his strength back. Prayers up that this is the case. Seems like a solid kid that deserves a fighting chance at QB1

Paint It Purple

It appeared as if he was not wearing an AFO
Either, so he may be starting to feel that nerve firing and getting his strength back. Prayers up that this is the case. Seems like a solid kid that deserves a fighting chance at QB1
His gait looked off, but hopefully it’s improving. AFO? I had to look that up. Is that for pedestrians, or can an high level athlete wear those? And, now that you mention braces, did he have a knee brace on?

kidkarr

His gait looked off, but hopefully it’s improving. AFO? I had to look that up. Is that for pedestrians, or can an high level athlete wear those? And, now that you mention braces, did he have a knee brace on?
I don’t remember seeing a brace at all. I feel like Jaylon smith with cowboys had one (afo) on when he first started playing. Maybe it was just practice. Media was going crazy over how fast he was with the “brace” on.

jake102

He looked a lot more mobile than Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, etc. If he can even gain another 10% mobility he should be fine if he studies the game