• The KillerFrogs

My opinion on the transfers

y2kFrog

Maybe. But in that case we'd be telling people currently on the team that they will not be starters due to 3 transfers coming in? 2 of which are from small conference schools so who the hell knows how they will transition to big 12 basketball.

The whole thing is just weird and there's no way that I'm going to be convinced that any of it is actually good outside of us suddenly winning 10 games in the conference next year.

2 of Baylor’s top 4 scorers this year transferred in from small conference schools.

Francis Xavier

As I stated a few weeks ago...Nobody wants to continually rebuild a roster. That doesn’t often go well. However, when you are as mediocre as TCU has been there is no reason to lament anyone moving on. Miles is your bell cow. Build around him and smartly accept that the portal is going to be a critical component for every program going forward.
Exactly. Nowhere to go but up.

CountryFrog

2 of Baylor’s top 4 scorers this year transferred in from small conference schools.
And how many of our transfers from small schools have worked out?

I'm not saying JD shouldn't always try to consistently make the roster better. I'm saying I have very little faith in his ability to do it effectively based on all the past misses.

Farmfrog

These moves signal that Jamie is feeling the heat and is doing what he can to win. Disappointed in the LaDee transfer but the others were not good fits.

I believe that Wells might end up being a steal. He’s good with the ball in his hands and can get his own shot. Don’t know much about Cork but did notice he was a top 500 player in efficiency which is pretty solid. Just because Evans played in the SEC doesn’t mean he’s going to be good in the Big 12. I believe Jamie will need to find best where to play him.

Wells was also a very good defender. If he can translate that to the B12 then he’ll be a good addition.

Eight

very true with one small difference, both sat a season so they had time to adjust and fit into the baylor system instead of having to fit together on the fly so to speak

teague's 43% from 3 that he showed at that smaller school would transfer at any level. the big key was they fit the system unlike easley who never seemed to fit into the frogs' system

Eight

These moves signal that Jamie is feeling the heat and is doing what he can to win. Disappointed in the LaDee transfer but the others were not good fits.

I believe that Wells might end up being a steal. He’s good with the ball in his hands and can get his own shot. Don’t know much about Cork but did notice he was a top 500 player in efficiency which is pretty solid. Just because Evans played in the SEC doesn’t mean he’s going to be good in the Big 12. I believe Jamie will need to find best where to play him.

Wells was also a very good defender. If he can translate that to the B12 then he’ll be a good addition.

if cork can rebound, provide some interior defense, and pick up a basket or two he will make a positive impact at the 4 position

time for the frogs to stop playing an undersized player at that position

Francis Xavier

And how many of our transfers from small schools have worked out?

I'm not saying JD shouldn't always try to consistently make the roster better. I'm saying I have very little faith in his ability to do it effectively based on all the past misses.
I cannot say I disagree. But keeping players who many on here thought weren't good enough isn't the answer then right?

Francis Xavier

I saw an encouraging stat: he is top 3 amongst all transfers in finishing rate(not sure what it even means) but something along the lines of drives to the hoop and scoring.

Eight

I cannot say I disagree. But keeping players who many on here thought weren't good enough isn't the answer then right?

won't try to answer for country because we already know his taste in breakfast food, but i do think this gets to be a bit of a double edge sword

there just hasn't been the consistent development of young players where they are contributors. what we don't know overall is this the result of a lack of talent, lack of player development, poor system fit, lack of patience, or something else?

at some point though, for this program to have sustainable success the young players have to start sticking, start improving, and it doesn't have to take 4-5 years for a player to develop

example i thought about earlier today. skip mentioned the tendency of miles to play right hand dominant and said it was a concern in miles setting himself up to get his shot off. one of the things dixon did was put the ball in rj's hands and this allowed miles to get himself set at times to be in catch and shoot situations versus having to create off the dribble

compare this with the evolution of jalen suggs over the season for gonzaga, suggs in high school over matched most guards he faced and would go 90 to nothing to blow by people

watching a number of gonzaga games they would talk about how few and his staff were working with suggs to vary his pace to try to stay in control on the drive, make himself even more explosive, and add a mid range pull up to add a third weapon to his game

in the zags last three games you could see see the areas of his game that they had been working on and he responded with three highly productive games

obviously there is more than what we see and i am not saying miles or the tcu staff isn't working with players. simply, that we have not seen that consistent growth in young players.

CountryFrog

Not at all. The problem is that we seem to keep replacing them with other guys who also aren't good enough. So we're not actually getting better each year, we're just different. When will we have enough good players on the roster where we're not watching 8 guys walk out the door and saying "none of them were any good anyway?"

I obviously hope this group of new players is different. I'm just going to have to see it in games before I believe it at this point.

Dogfrog

The more college basketball seasons resemble a night of pick up games at Fonde the less interested I get. And that’s not a knock on Fonde pick up games.