• The KillerFrogs

My Favorite Thing about this TEAM

HornyWartyToad

Besides the record, duh. It's that not only do we keep finding different ways to win: Offensive explosions against the best defense in the league, Stifling defense agains the ahem, "best" Running Back in the league, second-half comebacks, last-second heroics, etc. It HAS to make game-planning against us a nightmare for whoever is up next.
But probably even more impressive than all that, is the number of guys who have had great games, and/or made great plays to help keep us alive. Lost our two best receivers? No problem, let's see the next tall guy mismatch with opposing DBs and the next speed guy take off the top. Lost our best RB? No problem, let's see the 2nd, or 3rd team RB break big runs and dominate opposing defenses.
Same thing on defense. I lost track yesterday in the 2nd half of how many unfamiliar names and numbers were out there making plays. This is truly a team effort, where every guy on the roster doesn't just believe he can deliver if he gets his chance, he KNOWS he can, and he goes out and proves it. What a truly amazing job by our entire coaching staff, top to bottom, starting with HCSD. All nitwit posts to the contrary notwithstanding. GO FROGS! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

tcufrogprince1

I'll happily eat crow and say I am a believer in Sonny. I'm glad they finally found a way to make it click sooner. I think that bodes well for us going into the Championship and 2 very tough games. I think taking the Michigan Wolverines on first is a blessing in disguise and as long as players stay healthy, I see a championship in our future. I am most happy for the players because they deserve it and have 100% earned everything they are getting. I've always been sold on Duggan. I think he was unfairly criticized back in the early days because of just poor coaching decisions and poor receiver play. Everyone stepped up and it's just clicking, and I couldn't be happier.

swcfrog

I'll happily eat crow and say I am a believer in Sonny. I'm glad they finally found a way to make it click sooner. I think that bodes well for us going into the Championship and 2 very tough games. I think taking the Michigan Wolverines on first is a blessing in disguise and as long as players stay healthy, I see a championship in our future. I am most happy for the players because they deserve it and have 100% earned everything they are getting. I've always been sold on Duggan. I think he was unfairly criticized back in the early days because of just poor coaching decisions and poor receiver play. Everyone stepped up and it's just clicking, and I couldn't be happier.
Same here. Initially I was upset on Patterson’s departure. But now that I’ve seen him in orange…glad he’s gone and now we have Coach of the Year! Dykes is one smart man!

TCUWIN

Besides the record, duh. It's that not only do we keep finding different ways to win: Offensive explosions against the best defense in the league, Stifling defense agains the ahem, "best" Running Back in the league, second-half comebacks, last-second heroics, etc. It HAS to make game-planning against us a nightmare for whoever is up next.
But probably even more impressive than all that, is the number of guys who have had great games, and/or made great plays to help keep us alive. Lost our two best receivers? No problem, let's see the next tall guy mismatch with opposing DBs and the next speed guy take off the top. Lost our best RB? No problem, let's see the 2nd, or 3rd team RB break big runs and dominate opposing defenses.
Same thing on defense. I lost track yesterday in the 2nd half of how many unfamiliar names and numbers were out there making plays. This is truly a team effort, where every guy on the roster doesn't just believe he can deliver if he gets his chance, he KNOWS he can, and he goes out and proves it. What a truly amazing job by our entire coaching staff, top to bottom, starting with HCSD. All nitwit posts to the contrary notwithstanding. GO FROGS! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!
To add to guys stepping up, when you lose the best return man in the conference but see Demercado return a kickoff 62 yards or Banks running with the ball, or Henderson returning punt, next man up.

82 Frog Fever

It’s not my favorite thing, but I do like watching 90% of mainstream media football reporters being forced to admit they knew absolutely nothing about TCU’s capabilities.
Even after we were 8-0, they still said TCU was only half a team with no defense.
Eat Crow!