• The KillerFrogs

my fave gary wins: down memory lane

Rabidfrog

Louisville, 2002: upset win up there. 45-31
Colo. St. Liberty Bowl, 17-3. Domination by defense

2004. Northwestern here. Hilarious game. Went into overtime. Field goals and extra points hit goal posts. Mr. Sherwood. Froglaw's dad got disgusted. Left in his wheelchair and rolled down the incline. Scared us to death. 48-45.

OU, 2005. Big upset in Norman. 17-16. knocked their star running back out of game.

Brigham, 2005. I was coming back from a hurricane on the coast. Read in the paper where we had defeated Brigham, 51-50 in comeback win

Iowa St. Houston Bowl, 2005: defeated a Big 12 team, a win that put us on the map in my view. 27-24. Clutch FG.

Baylor, 2005 at old stadium off Valley Mills 17-7. BU defensive back bragged that he had passed on by TCU. He was the one who would catch up with our receiver who scored. Frog fans we passed on him because he wasn't fast enough.
2006. Tech and the Pirate. Gary figures out Air Raid and beat their butts. Put Gary on map as defensive genius. 12-3

2008: Poinsetta Bowl. Revenge over Boise, 17-16. Froglaw and I flew home on Xmas Eve. Free drinks on a beautiful Dec. evening on the plane. SWAL.

2009: Clemson in Death Valley. Another big upset, 14-10. Put TCU further up on big time football list.
N. Mex. 51-10, end of perfect regular perfect season. Sundown at ACS. Thought about Davey O'Brien that beautiful evening.
UTah, 51-28. The most perfect evening at ACS I ever enjoyed.
Rose Bowl, no explanation needed. Perfect season. May not see another one

2010: Baylor, 45-10. RGIII called it a fluke. Good job, Big 12. Sweet.

2011: another poinsetta gem, 31-24 over La. Tech. Comeback. Another good trip with Froglaw.

2012: Tre makes his debut against Bayla.' Whips butt in Waco, 49-21
UT in Austin: could it be sweeter? In Austin, TG evening. 2013. Prolly started Mac on his downhill spiral at UT.

2014. OU. no explanation needed. 37-33
Okie St. 42-9. Saw this with my grand daughter. Most complete whipping TCU ever game a big time program with a few exceptions. A Tre gem.
W. Va. 31-30 up there. Comeback, FG late, last second.
T Tech. Revenge served cold, 82-17
Peach Bowl: slaughtered Ole Miss. 42-3.

2015: UT, 50-7. Could have scored 100. Tre treated the homefolks to a barbeque at ACS. Gary had mercy on them.
Alamo Bowl, supernatural comeback over Oregon

2018: KSU 14-13. Saved the season
Okie St. 31-24. Also saved season

2020: UT 33-31: Season saver
Okie St. 29-22. Same.

Last edited:

ShreveFrog

Good list except I don't see the thrilling 2015 win over Baylor sealed by Summers' stop in the ThunderSleet game.

Also 2017 Alamo comeback over Stanford.

Outback Frog

There are so many, but you have to include the 2015 game in Lubbock 55-52 Boykin vs Mahomes. My favorite road victory during the Patterson era. How it ended with Aaron Green catching the deflected pass in the back of the end zone for the winning TD was unbelievable! Taken so much grief attending games in Lubbock from Tech fans, but that one was sweet.

Frog-in-law1995

There are so many, but you have to include the 2015 game in Lubbock 55-52 Boykin vs Mahomes. My favorite road victory during the Patterson era. How it ended with Aaron Green catching the deflected pass in the back of the end zone for the winning TD was unbelievable! Taken so much grief attending games in Lubbock from Tech fans, but that one was sweet.
Except that’s not how it ended. Don’t forget tackling them on about the 10 yard line as time expired.

Rabidfrog

Good list except I don't see the thrilling 2015 win over Baylor sealed by Summers' stop in the ThunderSleet game.

Also 2017 Alamo comeback over Stanford.
Sorry for those long oversights
dunno how I missed that one.

watchfrog

2011 - when the MWC moved our home game to Boise St. We went for two near the end & Pachall found Boyce. They missed a FG & we beat the blue donkeys & Kellen Moore by one point. Ruined their perfect season and snapped several massive winning streaks of theirs.

Rabidfrog

2011 - when the MWC moved our home game to Boise St. We went for two near the end & Pachall found Boyce. They missed a FG & we beat the blue donkeys & Kellen Moore by one point. Ruined their perfect season and snapped several massive winning streaks of theirs.
should have been on my list. Pachall's best game. I was in Corpus. Saw it with an old h. s. friend.

Frogs1983

Took the KFC Bus to Lubbock on that one. What a Blast and a very fun long ride home! Aaron Green caught that pass then Tech nearly ran kickoff back with time running out, lol. Tech fans pissed off, throwing batteries, cans, bottles, etc... Not sure Frogs win that one if Mahomes wasn't playing on one leg basically?

Rabidfrog

Took the KFC Bus to Lubbock on that one. What a Blast and a very fun long ride home! Aaron Green caught that pass then Tech nearly ran kickoff back with time running out, lol. Tech fans pissed off, throwing batteries, cans, bottles, etc... Not sure Frogs win that one if Mahomes wasn't playing on one leg basically?
Froglaw and I were on that bus. I had to leave the game and hide out on the bus before the final whistle. Could not take the tension.

Zubaz

Good list, some others that stick out.

2001 Louisville, I think it was Thanksgiving or maybe we just didn't think we had a chance, but the stadium was pretty empty. Instead we jumped out to a big lead and never looked back.

2003 Cincinnati - Tostitos were flying all game.

2003 Louisville - Their field goal attempt bounces off the bottom crossbar as time expired, crowd went crazy on a Thursday night.

2008 New Mexico - No reason other than I got engaged right before that game.

2008 BYU and ending the "Quest for Perfection".

2015 Kansas State was a really underrated comeback that gets overshadowed by the Alamo Bowl, but that game was insane too. Really the whole 2015 season was insane.

2017 West Virginia was a college GameDay and the birth of the "Western Virginia" meme.

2019 Texas and Max Duggans ascension. The pose of him in the endzone, with the bloodlines uniform, throwing up the Frog after the game sealing TD is iconic.

SwissArmyFrog

One of my favorites can't be truly called a "Gary win" but it was while he was DC vs. very highly ranked Arizona. We lost the game, but not before dominating much of the game (as I remember it). It was after that game that I recall thinking, "We may have something really good going here."

I still haven't ever found that game on Youtube. Not even highlights. Pity, as I'd love to see it again.