• The KillerFrogs

My Arkansas buddy said that TCU backed out of a game

P

peterbecket

with Ol Miss last year. I have heard this several times. I believe there was not anything ever signed and we took Clemson as it was a better deal. Anyone have the inside on this?

jadailyTCU

As far as I know, there was nothing signed, only talks that were not pursued particularly earnestly by either side. But I'm sure someone knows better.

But really, don't listen too much to Arkansas fans. They're so delusional about their relative importance in the football world and still so soul-crushed over the 1969 loss to Texas that they often can't think straight. Believe me, I have to hear them all the damn time.

[Edit]Also, remind your Arkansas buddy that the little Piggies were due to play a game in Fort Worth sometime in the past couple of seasons (with a home game against the Frogs a season or two later), but put it off till like 2012 or some such. And I'll be at least mildly surprised if they don't back out of the series entirely. Arkansas is not known for particularly grueling nonconference slates.[/Edit]

SnoSki

QUOTE(peterbecket @ Apr 12 2010, 01:41 AM) [snapback]543348[/snapback]
with Ol Miss last year. I have heard this several times. I believe there was not anything ever signed and we took Clemson as it was a better deal. Anyone have the inside on this?

You're so bizarre in your posting style.

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(peterbecket @ Apr 11 2010, 08:41 PM) [snapback]543348[/snapback]

Sign up over on Scout and ask froggiepants. He won't know but he'll give you a novel pretending that he does, and work in several shots at Oregon and Penn St. to boot. Perhaps you are already signed up though.

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 11 2010, 08:52 PM) [snapback]543366[/snapback]
Where the discussions held at Chipotle?

What city?

Shooter

QUOTE(jadailyTCU @ Apr 11 2010, 08:51 PM) [snapback]543351[/snapback]
As far as I know, there was nothing signed, only talks that were not pursued particularly earnestly by either side. But I'm sure someone knows better.

But really, don't listen too much to Arkansas fans. They're so delusional about their relative importance in the football world and still so soul-crushed over the 1969 loss to Texas that they often can't think straight. Believe me, I have to hear them all the damn time.

[Edit]Also, remind your Arkansas buddy that the little Piggies were due to play a game in Fort Worth sometime in the past couple of seasons (with a home game against the Frogs a season or two later), but put it off till like 2012 or some such. And I'll be at least mildly surprised if they don't back out of the series entirely. Arkansas is not known for particularly grueling nonconference slates.[/Edit]

We're scheduled to play the Hogs at their place in 2015 and ACS in 2016.

JimSwinkLives!

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Apr 11 2010, 08:54 PM) [snapback]543352[/snapback]
I thought someone else already established that you don't have any friends....

Its true. He doesn't.

TheSheik

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 04:25 PM) [snapback]543798[/snapback]
Why do you guys still respond to this ut troll?

You talking about yourself or Peter? :ph34r:

gdu

QUOTE(TheSheik @ Apr 12 2010, 10:40 PM) [snapback]543856[/snapback]
You talking about yourself or Peter? :ph34r:

I don't troll. I elicit a ton of different responses, but I have never once trolled. That is all this guy does.

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 03:25 PM) [snapback]543798[/snapback]
Why do you guys still respond to this ut troll?

gdu? I thought we had an understanding....

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(mrnicefrog @ Apr 12 2010, 02:25 PM) [snapback]543754[/snapback]
PeterBecket you are a weird one.

Look at yourself before you make comments like that please.

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 05:03 PM) [snapback]543863[/snapback]
I don't troll. I elicit a ton of different responses, but I have never once trolled. That is all this guy does.

You crack me up.

gdu

QUOTE(peterbecket @ Apr 12 2010, 11:18 PM) [snapback]543866[/snapback]
gdu? I thought we had an understanding....

what was it? I remember you starting a trash talking thread. I don't have a problem with you. I just think it is funny how everyone responds to you when usually you are just trying to get a rise out of them. I'm not sure why you post here, but it's obvious you are not a TCU fan. My guess is you are a Texas fan who is connected with one of the pay sites.

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 05:29 PM) [snapback]543872[/snapback]
what was it? I remember you starting a trash talking thread. I don't have a problem with you. I just think it is funny how everyone responds to you when usually you are just trying to get a rise out of them. I'm not sure why you post here, but it's obvious you are not a TCU fan. My guess is you are a Texas fan who is connected with one of the pay sites.

Pay site? I am no Longhorn. People are really confused about me. I thought you were an attorney...............

gdu

QUOTE(peterbecket @ Apr 12 2010, 11:47 PM) [snapback]543881[/snapback]
Pay site? I am no Longhorn. People are really confused about me. I thought you were an attorney...............

I am. You are either a longhorn fan or a boise fan. You seem to ahve been here too long to be a boise fan. People couldn't be any more confused about you than they are about me.

Latest posts