• The KillerFrogs

MWC expansion pipe dream

SnoSki

If the PAC-10 and Big 10+1 go in and raids the XII, this is one solution that seems possible in my mind. Granted I don't know much about the logistics, and it's likely a pie-in-the-sky thing, but hang with me:

PAC 10 adds:

UT, A&M, OU, OSU, (for arguments sake) Baylor and Colorado

Big Ten adds:

Nebraska, Mizzou

That leaves the "XII" with: TTU, ISU, KU, KSU

The "XII" can then try to entice MWC schools to join their shell of a conference, OR, they can join the expanding and momentum-gaining MWC... though I think the former is more likely. The MWC then (as advertised yesterday) waits for the dust to settle and scoops up the remaining "XII" schools and Boise.

SEC expands to bring its team totals up to par, and ACC/Big East merge with the remainders to have their 14/16 team conference. (Big guess on these two, but seems logical to me).

RESULTS

PAC 16 = 16 teams
Big Ten(11) (with ND, Neb, Mizz) = 14 teams
MWC - 9 teams now, plus 5 (KU, KSU, TTU, ISU, BSU) = 14 teams

CONSEQUENCES

For the Frogs, we get the coveted auto-bid and more than likely a better TV deal as well. Conference SOS in football goes way up, attendance rises with annual matches against TTU, KU, KSU, not to mention BYU and the OOC game vs Baylor/UT/etc.

For the MWC as a whole, football gains much better credibility and recruiting across the board. SDSU might even be able to field a football team again. In basketball, the MWC becomes a very legitimate conference with KU, KSU joining and Tech's occasional very-good team. Maybe our BBall recruiting gets better as well, definitely more attendance when the K schools come to town! There will be some LOUD arenas in this conference.

MWC gains a championship game in the process, adding conference legitimacy and TV $$$.. maybe even a tie-in to the Fiesta or Rose bowl.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
My Prediction..

I have a feeling that ND ends up going to the Big 10. Nebraska and Mizzou are left at the alter and the Pac 10 ends up going after Colorado and Utah. UT just is not going to give up being all of the power in the Big 12. Then things settle for another 10 years. We are in the MWC in whatever form it takes...and I am fine with that.

It has been fun watching the Baylor nation shat their pants and go through the humiliation of knowing nobody wants them.

HickoryFlameFrog

A lot of legal wrangling to do on all this.
The deal is all about the money.
Having OU and UT to be on TV on the west coast every weekend: huge.

BCS just trying to figure a way to have four super conferences.
Four conference championship games in major bowl games
and then two more games to crown the MNC.

There won't be an auto bid. Just left out.

Gunner

Sorry Pac 10 gets nothing they want from Big 12.

Worry they might take Utah to save face. But we take Boise, which makes us a little better than before. Not to worry. We should take Houston for the sweaty TV sets. :biggrin:

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 8 2010, 12:13 PM) [snapback]571510[/snapback]
If the PAC-10 and Big 10+1 go in and raids the XII, this is one solution that seems possible in my mind. Granted I don't know much about the logistics, and it's likely a pie-in-the-sky thing, but hang with me:

PAC 10 adds:

UT, A&M, OU, OSU, (for arguments sake) Baylor and Colorado

Big Ten adds:

Nebraska, Mizzou

That leaves the "XII" with: TTU, ISU, KU, KSU
The "XII" can then try to entice MWC schools to join their shell of a conference, OR, they can join the expanding and momentum-gaining MWC... though I think the former is more likely. The MWC then (as advertised yesterday) waits for the dust to settle and scoops up the remaining "XII" schools and Boise.

SEC expands to bring its team totals up to par, and ACC/Big East merge with the remainders to have their 14/16 team conference. (Big guess on these two, but seems logical to me).

RESULTS

PAC 16 = 16 teams
Big Ten(11) (with ND, Neb, Mizz) = 14 teams
MWC - 9 teams now, plus 5 (KU, KSU, TTU, ISU, BSU) = 14 teams
CONSEQUENCES

For the Frogs, we get the coveted auto-bid and more than likely a better TV deal as well. Conference SOS in football goes way up, attendance rises with annual matches against TTU, KU, KSU, not to mention BYU and the OOC game vs Baylor/UT/etc.

For the MWC as a whole, football gains much better credibility and recruiting across the board. SDSU might even be able to field a football team again. In basketball, the MWC becomes a very legitimate conference with KU, KSU joining and Tech's occasional very-good team. Maybe our BBall recruiting gets better as well, definitely more attendance when the K schools come to town! There will be some LOUD arenas in this conference.

MWC gains a championship game in the process, adding conference legitimacy and TV $$$.. maybe even a tie-in to the Fiesta or Rose bowl.

Just my opinion.....

SEC doesn't expand. No incentive.
No idea on the ACC. If there's blood in the water (ie, B10 goes for Rutgers/Syracuse), they may go for the kill to get a better NE presence. If they leave them alone, the BE survives.
I still have a feeling the Big 10 is going for the home run - ND plus an east/west expansion to 16. Current scuttlebutt conflicts on what a ND offer will mean - the latest stuff I saw indicated a ND/NU/MU offer might be forthcoming.

If the Big 10 goes yard, then its the Apocalypse in the West - the Pac 10 gets their 16, and the remainder of the Big 12 and MWC will fight it out. And my guess is Baylor's going to get screwed royally.