• The KillerFrogs

MWC Considering Expansion "Pre-emptive strike"!

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(AEAfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 03:52 PM) [snapback]553512[/snapback]
I don't get it... :unsure:

The map. Look at the map. :biggrin:

AEAfrog

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 02:53 PM) [snapback]553514[/snapback]
The map. Look at the map. :biggrin:

Oooohhh... haha. I gotcha. :blush:

QUOTE(iconoclast @ Apr 30 2010, 01:38 PM) [snapback]553296[/snapback]
The Plano schools would help cement the Metroplex.

I bet they would average more than one win per year in the Big 12 over the last 15 years.

desmith03

QUOTE(gohornedfrogs @ Apr 30 2010, 06:05 PM) [snapback]553592[/snapback]
I bet they would average more than one win per year in the Big 12 over the last 15 years.

Touche! :biggrin:

Limey Frog

Commish,

If you're reading this thread I have two comments for you.

1. Why are you reading this thread? Please get back to work for our conference.

2. Add Boise now and no one else. If the Big 10 and SEC decide to cannibalize the Big XII we could be in a position to pick up some schools like Kansas/Oklahoma State that have some real cache in some real sports like men's basketball. Houston/Fresno/Tulsa... please not.

Limey.

---------------

Edit: Larry Scott talked about the Pac-10's "very high academic standards" and the strict tests existing member's Presidents will apply potential new members.

Here's a potential scenario. Say Stanford and Cal veto expansion on the west coast while the eastern conferences all go to 16 teams. Suppose some of the Pac-10 schools who are more concerned with athletics and athletic revenue are a little disgruntled with the Palo Alto pointy-heads holding them back. Is there any chance that the MWC could actually attract some Pac-10 teams and not the other way around? Maybe I'm going crazy, but think about it. It makes about as much sense as everything else people are talking about [which is to say about none whatsoever.]