• The KillerFrogs

Musical chairs

Dogfrog

where will everybody sit when the music stops? Right now based on current rumors:

CO: Pac 10
OSU: Pac 10
Texas: Big 10
A&M: Big 10
Neb: Big 10
OU: SEC

Big 12 leftovers:

Mizzou
KU
KSU
Tech
ISU
Baylor

Hard to keep up. What's next?

berryfrog95

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jun 10 2010, 03:46 PM) [snapback]574176[/snapback]
where will everybody sit when the music stops? Right now based on current rumors:

Big 12 leftovers:

Mizzou
KU
KSU
Tech
ISU
Baylor

TCU: sec
Utah: pac-10
BYU w/ the rest of mwc, boise, mizz, ku, ksu, isu, bay

SnoSki

Big 12 leftovers:

Mizzou
KU
KSU
Tech
ISU
Baylor

This is a good way to break it down, but I think it's more accurately like this (considering no other source is confirming what the Kansas station is saying. Kansas stations have a record for being wreckless as of late):

Gone:
UT: Pac 10
A&M: Pac 10
OU: Pac 10
CU: Pac 10
Tech: Pac 10
Nebraska: Big 10

Leftovers:
Baylor
KU
KSU
ISU
Mizzou

If possible, my hope is that the MWC will go in and add these 5, bringing the MWC to 14 teams. Add Boise and one more if you want 16.

EEFrog

QUOTE(berryfrog95 @ Jun 10 2010, 03:52 PM) [snapback]574187[/snapback]
TCU: sec
Utah: pac-10
BYU w/ the rest of mwc, boise, mizz, ku, ksu, isu, bay

The day TCU goes to the SEC will be the third happiest day of my life, behind my wedding day and the birth of my first born.

berryfrog95

QUOTE(EEFrog @ Jun 10 2010, 03:57 PM) [snapback]574197[/snapback]
The day TCU goes to the SEC will be the third happiest day of my life, behind my wedding day and the birth of my first born.

LOL

for me....no kiddo's yet so....

#1 Wedding
#1a) sec calls tcu

Dogfrog

QUOTE(EEFrog @ Jun 10 2010, 03:57 PM) [snapback]574197[/snapback]

Something tells me what was in the cards was for OU and A&M to go to SEC together, but politics will keep UT and A&M together. After you get past UT and A&M, I don't know of a better Texas candidate to SEC than TCU. Better situated within DFW and Jerry World, etc. than Tech. This assuming they desire a TExas presence.

InnerloopFrog

QUOTE(EEFrog @ Jun 10 2010, 08:57 PM) [snapback]574197[/snapback]

If you have more than one kiddo this could cost you some therapy bills. :)

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Big 12 leftovers:

Mizzou
KU
KSU
Tech
ISU
Baylor

Somehow, if karma exists, Baylor will come, hat in hand, to ask for membership in the MWC. In a moment of clarity, TCU tells Baylor to suk-it. Then, after Baylor's acceptance of a bid to CUSA or Sunbelt, TCU announces it has accepted an offer to go to the SEC. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face with a belt sander if that were to happen.

frogbyproxy

With Oklahoma being told the only way they get in is to bring in another school I bet Baylor is on thier do not call list. :tongue: I hope we are in the mix and if not Oklahoma is missing out of the SEC if they try to bring Tt, K, K State or others left over.

QUOTE(frogbyproxy @ Jun 10 2010, 05:35 PM) [snapback]574263[/snapback]
With Oklahoma being told the only way they get in is to bring in another school I bet Baylor is on thier do not call list. :tongue: I hope we are in the mix and if not Oklahoma is missing out of the SEC if they try to bring Tt, K, K State or others left over.

Why would OU need to bring a team with them? I imagine the SEC could cherry pick just about any team they want other than aTm, and there are better options than them.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(gohornedfrogs @ Jun 10 2010, 04:52 PM) [snapback]574293[/snapback]
Why would OU need to bring a team with them? I imagine the SEC could cherry pick just about any team they want other than aTm, and there are better options than them.

Word is SEC wants in Texas market and Texas recruiting. If they go to 16 the thinking is they take 2 from the west and 2 from the east. I'm sure they'd rather have Texas or A&M, but doesn't look possible as of right now.

frogbyproxy

QUOTE(gohornedfrogs @ Jun 10 2010, 04:52 PM) [snapback]574293[/snapback]

http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html
Oklahoma is currently working on petitioning to enter the SEC, but must find another university to enter the league with them, sources said.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(berryfrog95 @ Jun 10 2010, 03:59 PM) [snapback]574201[/snapback]
LOL

for me....no kiddo's yet so....

#1 Wedding
#1a) sec calls tcu

You guys are schmucks. What, do you think your little wifey's are reading this site? :laugh:
How about we check back with you on this in 3 or 4 years? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 10 2010, 04:16 PM) [snapback]574234[/snapback]
Based on the current rumors, if your team isn't in 2 conferences simultaneously, you suck.........

Congrats on last night.

QUOTE(frogbyproxy @ Jun 10 2010, 06:26 PM) [snapback]574337[/snapback]
http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html
Oklahoma is currently working on petitioning to enter the SEC, but must find another university to enter the league with them, sources said.

I read that, but don't understand the rationale there. If they want the Texas market, then it's easy to identify the candidates.

I guess what I'm saying is that if I'm the SEC and I want to expand with OU, I wouldn't need them to find a partner for me. I would go straight to Miami, Florida State or Clemson (or TCU, of course!).

I'm pretty sure one of those would bite...

And if they want the Texas market, Texas Tech doesn't need to be persuaded by OU to go to the SEC (neither would Baylor, Houston or anyone else). aTm's off the table in this scenario because they are hitched to their butt buddies at UT. Otherwise, it would have already been a package deal with OU/aTm.

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jun 10 2010, 06:05 PM) [snapback]574315[/snapback]
Word is SEC wants in Texas market and Texas recruiting. If they go to 16 the thinking is they take 2 from the west and 2 from the east. I'm sure they'd rather have Texas or A&M, but doesn't look possible as of right now.

See above...