• The KillerFrogs

Music Thread

FBallFan123

We got a movie thread going (actually a couple) so I figured maybe we could get a music one as well.

Plus, I just heard this bit of news on the radio yesterday and got pretty excited...

FBallFan123

Still waiting to get my first listen of Springsteen’s latest (order got lost in the mail, waiting for it to get replaced).

Doing a little Springsteen search on Twitter, saw this little gem...

stbrab

For anyone interested in seeing many of the worlds greatest guitarists...
https://www.crossroadsguitarfestival.com/

I’ve had the pleasure/privilege of attending the 2004, 2007, 2010 and 2013 festivals. All have been extraordinary. This one is bing held in Dallas at American Airlines Center.

The only bad thing is it’s being held on SMU weekend. It’s one of a few times I’m hoping for an 11:00 start. Two nights of the festival with the Frogs sandwiched in between...nothing better than that!

frogs9497

I’ve always been a little curious about ACL. Curious to hear the experiences of those who’ve been. I worry about drunk people stumbling all over me and themselves, dirty restrooms, heat and overcrowding. In other words, I’m imaging something on par with Chilifest.

I must be getting old.

Chico Dusty

I’ve always been a little curious about ACL. Curious to hear the experiences of those who’ve been. I worry about drunk people stumbling all over me and themselves, dirty restrooms, heat and overcrowding. In other words, I’m imaging something on par with Chilifest.

I must be getting old.

I live in Austin and have been the past 5 years. It’s my favorite weekend of the year. I’ve also been to a lot of other major festivals as comps. ACL is the the most chill and best accommodations. Yes, there is a ton of ppl, so there are crowds - and yes there are young bulls doing drugs. But the bathrooms are clean - never waited in line. No huge lines for drinks. A lot of great food options. A lot of places to chill and escape the mobs by the stages. It’s very well run. I’ve never seen any riff raff. The large majority of ppl are there to enjoy some music and have a good time.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
My ipod is pretty much AC/DC, Van Halen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, U2, Eagles, SRV, Jimmy Buffett, Bob Marley, Robert Earl Keen, George Strait, Zach Brown, Frank Sinatra, Keb Mo, Harry Connick Jr, Neil Diamond and a crapload of 90s country. Plus a few singles here and there.
I’m going to see REK next Saturday at Billy Bob’s. It’s probably been 25 years since I last saw him there.

Frog-in-law1995

I will be there for one of the GnR shows.

Mickey Rourke and Axl Rose are now a lesbian couple.

DuLADj8WoAAhvDv.jpg

FBallFan123

I must be getting old.

LOL definitely a sign of getting old.

I’m the same way...used to go to a lot of festivals 5-10 years ago, but every year goes by the less I want to deal with festival crowds and everything that goes with it.

Been debating for months whether to get Sunday tickets at Outside Lands for Paul Simon...still unsure.