• The KillerFrogs

Most important college football player in 2017 (in Texas) is...

f_399

Besides Texas Tech and maybe Baylor, good QB play in general will turn out to be a good season.

Just do your thing Kenny, no pressure.

I think an almost equal piece to KH is a WR that steps up who can keep the defense honest deep. Not a single guy on the team last year scared anyone over the top. In 2014 and 2015 you had either Doctson or Listenbee burning deep almost every single play.
Jawline Austin got deep on Baylor at least twice last year, and then he seemed to disappear after that. Did he get hurt later in the season?

FrogLifeYo

Our passing game was rough last year and we had almost know vertical threat...I think Taj Wil. is a special talent that just never got on the same page with Kenny. In fact we rarely hit outside receiver routes unless they were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Hoping we can get some vertical stuff going this year.

McFroggin

Our passing game was rough last year and we had almost know vertical threat...I think Taj Wil. is a special talent that just never got on the same page with Kenny. In fact we rarely hit outside receiver routes unless they were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Hoping we can get some vertical stuff going this year.

Taj needs to learn how to time his jumps. There were a number of throws last year when a much smaller DB touched the ball first. That's my only complaint with him so far.

jake102

Yeah part of being a deep threat is catching contested/underthrown balls. Not going to outrun them every time and have a perfect throw that drops in.

I think an answer is EPorter. He has shown glimpses of that, but has had a lot of tough stuff off the field going against him. I'm hoping this is the year.

Also, Graham seemed to burn deep a few times last year (and then dropped the ball). He could be a star. Also have to look at Reagor to fit that same role.

Wexahu

I think an answer is EPorter. He has shown glimpses of that, but has had a lot of tough stuff off the field going against him. I'm hoping this is the year.

Also, Graham seemed to burn deep a few times last year (and then dropped the ball). He could be a star. Also have to look at Reagor to fit that same role.

I agree with you about Graham. I have more confidence in him than I do Porter at this point. Porter to me just doesn't look like he has good hand-eye coordination so I think he's always going to struggle catching the ball. It's rarely a clean catch even if he does bring it in. With Graham I think it was more a concentration/focus issue.