• The KillerFrogs

More Wiscy classlessness

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Any group that chants obscenities during the national anthem automatically rates as zero class. As many have stated, most of the older Wisconsin fans I can across were fun to talk with both before and after the game. However, almost none of the 25 and below fans were tolerable. I got tired of their comments the week before the game, regularly responded with "apparently Vegas thinks the Frogs are better". After the game, one idiot gave me a shoulder in the crowd, and I wished him a pleasant car ride back to Wisconsin, with a chuckle or two.

We were in Santa Monica the day of the Wisky pep rally and were outnumbered about 200 to 1. A nice lady asked me if the sea of red fans was too obnoxious and I replied "We have groups that wear burnt orange or maroon that define 'obnoxious', so I can handle you guys."

onwis25

You just learned that CEO stat today didn't you? I don't blame you for trying to find some good UW-Madison news to shoe-horn into this thread - even if it's not about football. Nicely played. Although with 44,000 students, you are kind of volume shooting, aren't you? That doubles our entire living alumni base in the DFW area. Congrats, nonetheless.

http://www.news.wisc.edu/18819

Thanks for the link to the new article. I was going off a Business Week list published last year. According to the new list it sounds like we are 4th with three Ivy league schools in front. I suspect volume has something to do with it but that doesn't explain the absence of every other large public university from being above us.

I was in tunnel 9 , and while I was never yelling during the anthem, I did not hear a single note from the band until "rockets red glare". The UW fans snapped to attention as soon as they realized what was going on. Maybe it wasn't a character defect and was an honest mistake. You have your read, I have mine.

More people probably hate us more for being a bunch of commie pinkos anyway than for us being a bunch of drunk a-holes at big football games.

FrogInOhio

I was in tunnel 9 , and while I was never yelling during the anthem, I did not hear a single note from the band until "rockets red glare". The UW fans snapped to attention as soon as they realized what was going on. Maybe it wasn't a character defect and was an honest mistake. You have your read, I have mine.

More people probably hate us more for being a bunch of commie pinkos anyway than for us being a bunch of drunk a-holes at big football games.
[/quote]

Aren't you kinda supposed to do that "snap to attention thing" around the time that the announcer says "our National Anthem".? Or at least when the colors are presented on the field?

Houston Frog

Aren't you kinda supposed to do that "snap to attention thing" around the time that the announcer says "our National Anthem".? Or at least when the colors are presented on the field?

To their credit, I didn't notice the national anthem until a little ways into it either. I was sitting there with my hat on talking to a buddy and when I finally realized it was playing, I took my hat off immediately and shut up. I don't know if I was just too drunk to notice it starting, or if it was a particularly quiet anthem or what, but it happened to me.

onwis25

It would have been ALOT better. It was one section (the first 20 or so rows of tunnel 10) over from me and I was shocked they were chanting as well. I clearly saw them realize what was happening and stop. This is honestly the first time I have ever seen that happen in hundreds of Badger sporting events.

If you think they did it because they hate America or whatever, that's your call. If you think they did it because they were drunk and stupid but an honest mistake, that's your call as well. I'm more apt to think of it as the latter.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Any time I see Fred Garvin's name on a post, I crack up. Classic SNL bit.

To this day, I still wonder why it was just a one time thing. IMO, it was the best skit in SNL history. I created a ringtone for my wife's phone such that when I call, it's Fred stating "You're spending the night with Fred Garvin................., male prostitute."

OK, I added an Avatar, just for Newbomb Turk. I am hoping he can sing "Volare" in that special way for us.

Deep Purple

Badgers? We doan need no stinkin' Badgers!

15746d1245516127-debadged-my-2010-prius-today-look-what-i-found-stinking-badges.jpg

The Dude

This thread isnt really accomplishing any good you know. In fact, its absurd. I would have thought most of the posters in here would have used maybe a little better judgement. I keep hearing about Wisconsin having no class, and negative comments about our women.

You forget, I spend quite a bit of time in your area. As someone who has spent a considerable amount of time in the Downtown Dallas and Fort Worth areas I have always found it funny to see the goings on at some of the downtown establishments. Gotta tell ya, its always pretty weird seeing women in their late 20's LITERALLY KNOCKING EACH OTHER OVER to get to some old retired guy in his 60's or older....LMAO REAL CLASSY,.......:rolleyes: Can any of you deny that this is sort of a Texas thing??? You really dont see it so wide spread anywhere else like you do in Texas. Gotta tell ya,....Many a truth is said in jest. Thats what made the Troy Barkman commercial so funny,....its pretty much reality,

The Dude

Ahhhhhhhh yes, prostituting ones self out to a person triple theyre age is surely the epitome of REAL class. Funny part is......I MAYBE, MIGHT be able to KIND of understand it if all the old dudes had any real money,....but most dont really. Thats what makes it even more perverse.

sous vide

Ahhhhhhhh yes, prostituting ones self out to a person triple theyre age is surely the epitome of REAL class. Funny part is......I MAYBE, MIGHT be able to KIND of understand it if all the old dudes had any real money,....but most dont really. Thats what makes it even more perverse.

There're no sugar daddies in Wisconsin? :eek:hmy: Is life worth living for the old and wealthy? :laugh:

Surely another reason to come to Texas!

If you like irony on this point: Consider that Cullen Davis paid for the silicone implants that may well have saved Priscilla Davis' life! Or so I've been told. It may be apochryphal.

The Dude

There're no sugar daddies in Wisconsin? :eek:hmy: Is life worth living for the old and wealthy? :laugh:

Surely another reason to come to Texas!

If you like irony on this point: Consider that Cullen Davis paid for the silicone implants that may well have saved Priscilla Davis' life! Or so I've been told. It may be apochryphal.

See, the thing is.....in some areas.. men have more pride in themselves than to pay for it, and women have more pride in themselves then to sell it off to someone triple they're age. CHEAP TOO. Most of what I witnessed down there was just regular old retired guys.....WOW, pretty different,...to ummm, say the least. Must be a cultural thing I guess.

PurpleBlood87

This thread isnt really accomplishing any good you know. In fact, its absurd. I would have thought most of the posters in here would have used maybe a little better judgement. I keep hearing about Wisconsin having no class, and negative comments about our women.

You forget, I spend quite a bit of time in your area. As someone who has spent a considerable amount of time in the Downtown Dallas and Fort Worth areas I have always found it funny to see the goings on at some of the downtown establishments. Gotta tell ya, its always pretty weird seeing women in their late 20's LITERALLY KNOCKING EACH OTHER OVER to get to some old retired guy in his 60's or older....LMAO REAL CLASSY,.......:rolleyes: Can any of you deny that this is sort of a Texas thing??? You really dont see it so wide spread anywhere else like you do in Texas. Gotta tell ya,....Many a truth is said in jest. Thats what made the Troy Barkman commercial so funny,....its pretty much reality,
Wow way to totally change the subject. Your fans for the most part were rude and classless before the game and quiet as church mice following it. I seemed to remember you talking a lot of crap about how superior Wisconsin's offensive line and running backs were. What happened? Did the little private school from Texas beat your big BCS state school team?

FROGDADDY

I seemed to remember you talking a lot of crap about how superior Wisconsin's offensive line and running backs were.

I didn't see anything in that game to indicate that they weren't superior. We didn't beat them because we stopped their running game. Now I've changed the subjecta again.

sous vide

I didn't see anything in that game to indicate that they weren't superior. We didn't beat them because we stopped their running game. Now I've changed the subjecta again.

We kept their running attack somewhat below their season average in yards and well below in TDs. That may not be "stopping" exactly, but it's certainly "managing to handle". The same with their passing attack (though they seldom score TDs through the air in any case).

But yes, they have a superior offense that matched well to take on our defense and move. For example, I don't see Pryor running around our DEs and corners over and over and over again. Are the Arkie defensive coordinators particularly dense? How can the DEs keep pinching inside and never learn?

PurpleBlood87

How about I at at the end "and TCU has no chance of winning because of our Oline and running backs." You really think TCU's RB's aren't as good as Wisconsin's? Different types of backs I guess.

purplepreacher

I'm not trying to be rude but I had to get everyone's input on this. Is it me or did Wisconsin have the absolutely worst looking women you have ever seen? My friends and I probably saw 10,000 Wisconsin women throughout the day and no BS....only about 5 of them were what I would consider decent looking.

Is it the climate or something? It almost got comical at one point because finding a good looking girl in that crowd was like trying to spot Sasquach. Unreal.
I saw some cute Whisky women, all blondes. but also saw lots of heifers. There are some cute yannkee women, just not many of them. that's why they won the Civil War. Our men were anxious to get back home. theirs wasn't.

You sir, are honestly an idiot if you sincerely believe that this is isolated to Texas, or so much more widespread there. It is a million times worse in Scottsdale and Southern California. Young women "dating" older men for their money is not rare and it's not isolated to one part of the country, I'm sure it happens plenty in the Midwest. If there are affluent older men, and beautiful young women, this situation happens. I'm sure the few good looking girls in Wisconsin have banged out an older dude for a purse at one time or another, so yes, I can deny that it is a Texas thing.

PHX Frog

You sir, are honestly an idiot if you sincerely believe that this is isolated to Texas, or so much more widespread there. It is a million times worse in Scottsdale and Southern California. Young women "dating" older men for their money is not rare and it's not isolated to one part of the country, I'm sure it happens plenty in the Midwest. If there are affluent older men, and beautiful young women, this situation happens. I'm sure the few good looking girls in Wisconsin have banged out an older dude for a purse at one time or another, so yes, I can deny that it is a Texas thing.

No kidding. Spend a night sitting at the bar at any of the Mastro's restaurants in Scottsdale and you will see plenty of 20 somethings cozying up to men old enough to be their fathers. Quite entertaining.