• The KillerFrogs

more stadium good news

ross

KMA
The new ACGS will have a new sound system!

The new north endzone score board will include a new sound system. For you audiophiles I understand that TCU is looking at "single source" sound system much like SMU has. Don't ask me for details like watts, amps or whatever because I don't have a clue. I just know it will be a big improvement over the current system. What wouldn't?

The present score board will move to the southeast endzone so every one in the stadium should have a clear view of a video screen.

Despite all the fears and complaints, the new AGCS is going to be spectacular and worth the sacrifices. The new weight room and locker room will grab the attention of recruits.

BTW for what it is worth, I understand that much of the west side seating will not have a PSL attached to it. There will be lots of good, affordable seating for the Frog faithfull. I believe that after the Town Hall meetings many concerns will be put to rest.

Will everyone be happy and satisfied? NO, particularly the Lot 1 people like myself who will lose their parking spots. Also, the lower bowl seats will be fewer in number (but the "upper" deck is much lower and many of those seats will be at a height level comparable to the current arm chair seats under the current upper deck. The view form the upper deck should be great. I believe most people will really be happy with the seating options available to them.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass

The new north endzone score board will include a new sound system. For you audiophiles I understand that TCU is looking at "single source" sound system much like SMU has. Don't ask me for details like watts, amps or whatever because I don't have a clue. I just know it will be a big improvement over the current system. What wouldn't?

The present score board will move to the southeast endzone so every one in the stadium should have a clear view of a video screen.

Despite all the fears and complaints, the new AGCS is going to be spectacular and worth the sacrifices. The new weight room and locker room will grab the attention of recruits.

BTW for what it is worth, I understand that much of the west side seating will not have a PSL attached to it. There will be lots of good, affordable seating for the Frog faithfull. I believe that after the Town Hall meetings many concerns will be put to rest.

Will everyone be happy and satisfied? NO, particularly the Lot 1 people like myself who will lose their parking spots. Also, the lower bowl seats will be fewer in number (but the "upper" deck is much lower and many of those seats will be at a height level comparable to the current arm chair seats under the current upper deck. The view form the upper deck should be great. I believe most people will really be happy with the seating options available to them.

Frogs On A Plane likes this.
url3.jpg

FrogAbroad

As always, ross is to the point and (as history will prove, I believe) thoroughly trustworthy.

Thanks, amigo, for this bit of information.

Gunner

I'm worried, the more I hear about their construction plans. Yesterday a friend told me, the first season after it starts, there will only be 30,000 seats available for games. I don't get that. It shouldn't take more than a year to tear down and rebuild one side. That could impact recruiting for a whole year and we all know how that can hurt.

One of the beautiful landmarks ever, the old stadium is a sight. When lighted it always grips the imagination. Hard to believe they could tear down the old rascal, but change is forever constant. Frankly, I just wish they had refurbished the ACS, but my what do I know.

Frogenstein

I am sure recruits won't care, or even be aware, that the stadium will only seat 30k during their freshman year. A year in which most will not even play. This is a non-issue.

I don't like the news about the "single source" sound system. In order to be heard in the south end zone they will to set the sound so that it is blaring in the north end zone. I noticed this at SMU. The system we have now is the ideal way to go it just has to be set up properly. And yes, I know that would cost alot more money. I am not complaining just stating a preference.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I'm worried, the more I hear about their construction plans. Yesterday a friend told me, the first season after it starts, there will only be 30,000 seats available for games. I don't get that. It shouldn't take more than a year to tear down and rebuild one side. That could impact recruiting for a whole year and we all know how that can hurt.

One of the beautiful landmarks ever, the old stadium is a sight. When lighted it always grips the imagination. Hard to believe they could tear down the old rascal, but change is forever constant. Frankly, I just wish they had refurbished the ACS, but my what do I know.

Gunner..how could it possibly impact recruiting? Are these kids so oriented towards instant gratification that they cannot wait for one year to get a newer, better stadium? If anything, this new stadium will enhance recruiting, just like the indoor center and our national profile have enhanced recruiting.

Blame our politicians for passing the ADA bill and thus making it more feasible to build a new structure rather than refurbishing an old one. From what I have been told, it would have cost in the neighborhood of $50 million just to make it ADA compliant and thats before you do anything else to the structure. At the end of the day, it was cheaper to rebuild rather than refurbish. At least this way, we have a better chance of getting more items on our "wish list"

Denton Frog

Whether being in construction during next season hurts recruiting or not, the long-term net effect will be very positive with new weight and locker rooms. That's where we are at real disadvantage now and I think 18 and 19 year-old kids pay much more attention to that (after food and girls) than the stadium.

Deep Purple

For you audiophiles I understand that TCU is looking at "single source" sound system much like SMU has.
Boombox-DVD-VCD-MP3-CD-Player-BM-893DVD-.jpg
?????

Also, the lower bowl seats will be fewer in number (but the "upper" deck is much lower and many of those seats will be at a height level comparable to the current arm chair seats under the current upper deck.
From what I've been told, the top of new upper deck will be almost the same height as the current upper deck (only a handful of feet lower), but the bottom of the upper deck will extend further down and the deck as a whole will rise on a more gradual grade so that it's not as steep. You won't get that "I'm falling onto the field" feeling. And as you said, the lower portion of the new upper deck will be at the same level as the upper portions of the old lower deck.

It will look something like this...

imp_stairs2.jpg

ross

KMA
Boombox-DVD-VCD-MP3-CD-Player-BM-893DVD-.jpg
?????

From what I've been told, the top of new upper deck will be almost the same height as the current upper deck (only a handful of feet lower), but the bottom of the upper deck will extend further down and the deck as a whole will rise on a more gradual grade so that it's not as steep. You won't get that "I'm falling onto the field" feeling. And as you said, the lower portion of the new upper deck will be at the same level as the upper portions of the old lower deck.

It will look something like this...

imp_stairs2.jpg

nice box I think my kids had one of thoses in the 80's

gdu

I am almost certain my seats won't be as good(fewer total, more in the endzone and more suites and club seats), but that is an easy sacrifice to make because of how great the stadium is gonna be. I can't wait!