• The KillerFrogs

MLB Draft 2019

Moose Stuff

Beethe is a JUCO RHP from Iowa (originally from DFW area I believe). Can get his FB into the mid 90’s and has a decent breaking ball but his command isn’t great. Probably a reliever.

TooColdU

Hell yeah!

D8eutxmWsAA0sHK.jpg

flyfishingfrog

I’d say the chances of this being accurate are almost certainly zero.
Which part? That the Brewers are terrible in the minors or that he would ask previous players that went to the minors about the experience?

Brewers minor system is pretty well known for the struggles for the players in their system from what I have been told more than once- they only own two of their clubs I think and a number of their clubs are not in the best leagues. For example their Rookie league is in the northern Rocky league where 80% of bus rides are 8 hours vs a lot of the Eastern leagues that is more the exception. One of our guys played for another team in that league a few years ago and said it was miserable compared to other player stories he heard when I saw them play the Idaho Falls team

I would assume every player asks former players for advice and their thoughts on going vs staying - at least everyone I have ever talked to about it has asked other guys for advice

I do think he got a good offer to go - better than most in that round - so I am sure something other than money and draft position played a big part like he wanted a degree, etc

Moose Stuff

Which part? That the Brewers are terrible in the minors or that he would ask previous players that went to the minors about the experience?

Brewers minor system is pretty well known for the struggles for the players in their system from what I have been told more than once- they only own two of their clubs I think and a number of their clubs are not in the best leagues. For example their Rookie league is in the northern Rocky league where 80% of bus rides are 8 hours vs a lot of the Eastern leagues that is more the exception. One of our guys played for another team in that league a few years ago and said it was miserable compared to other player stories he heard when I saw them play the Idaho Falls team

I would assume every player asks former players for advice and their thoughts on going vs staying - at least everyone I have ever talked to about it has asked other guys for advice

I do think he got a good offer to go - better than most in that round - so I am sure something other than money and draft position played a big part like he wanted a degree, etc

Guys don’t turn down good bonus offers because their buddies told them about long bus rides in the Pioneer League.

As for your Brewers info, I have no idea what you’re talking about as they were a consensus top 10 system in 2016 and 2017 and probably still in the top half this year.