1. The KillerFrogs

mlb: Carpenter might wear batting gloves this season

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Carp in batting gloves? 'Don't be surprised'

By Anne Rogers @anne__rogers

ST. LOUIS -- Matt Carpenter has rarely worn batting gloves. He didn’t wear them as a kid, didn’t wear them in high school and has said before that he only remembers a few times he wore them at Texas Christian University when the weather got bad. Since he debuted with the Cardinals in 2011, he’s been a strict no-batting-gloves player.

Could that change in 2021?

“Well, I’ve taken a totally different approach to the batting gloves deal,” Carpenter told Cardinals broadcaster Dan McLaughlin during a virtual Winter Warm-Up session. “I’m not saying I’m gonna wear them all the time, but I do have them. And historically, I’ve been kind of a slow starter in the cold weather. Don’t be surprised if you see me taking at-bats this year in some batting gloves. That’s the first time I’ve said that publicly, too.”

Read more at https://www.mlb.com/news/matt-carpenter-might-wear-batting-gloves-in-2021

2. He'd better soak them overnight in that special hot sauce...

Double V likes this.
  3. Good to know I suppose

Eight likes this.
  4. Why did I think this was going to be COVID related? Was expecting him to be wearing latex gloves. And sanitary socks

5. Latex shortage. But I know a guy who dabbles in importing/exporting.

TopFrog, namollec, Punter1 and 2 others like this.
  6. Weirdo!

7. [​IMG]

8. If he doesn't want to own them...he could rent them, with a lease and option to buy.

Attached Files:

9. Honest question here...Why is Carp's glove decision newsworthy?

Double V and Eight like this.
  10. Because the teams are needing to provide something for the press, and in this case a team broadcaster to talk about. What that hasn't been discussed already, is "newsworthy"?

FrogAbroad likes this.
  11. #12 OmniscienceFrog, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    "Vandelay, say Vandelay!"

HFrog1999 likes this.