• The KillerFrogs

Missouri State....

SportsJunkie

Lol wut. So dumb I felt some of my brain cells die an excruciating death.
Why you gotta poofster? I'm just saying we have basic [ Finebaum ] we do. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying it's about time we come up with something more creative other than what we already use like " Go.... Frogs...Go.... Frogs" back and forthi. That's cool but we can do better.....well not me
. I'm not creative enough figure anything out ...and you can't tell me the Aggie "Ball 4 chant" isn't legit.
Okay can we get back to talking about Missouri State?

gohogs14

That was a fiasco. The interview with the MSU coach afterward was great.

“I don’t think games should be decided in the rain at 3 a.m.,” Missouri State coach Keith Guttin said. “I think you need to ask the umpire what was said because I’ll probably be suspended if I say the truth.”

The umpires met in the middle of the eighth inning with the rain falling hard again. Guttin said the home plate umpire called for the tarp. He said Arkansas coach Dave Van Horn talked the crew out of putting it on the field. Guttin was livid. Moreso, even, after Arkansas scored 4 runs in the bottom of the inning and won.

“Never seen it in 35 years. When the home plate umpire asks for the tarp, generally the tarp comes on.”

The reason Van Horn wanted to keep playing was because we had to pitch in a downpour TWICE and gave up 5 runs, and they were going to suspend the game right when Missouri State was about to have to pitch in it. Not really fair. The NCAA made the final call.

The funny thing is their coach was fine with continuing to play after the delay at 12:30 in the morning. I guess that's not too late to play but 3 is.

TCUdirtbag

The reason Van Horn wanted to keep playing was because we had to pitch in a downpour TWICE and gave up 5 runs, and they were going to suspend the game right when Missouri State was about to have to pitch in it. Not really fair. The NCAA made the final call.

The funny thing is their coach was fine with continuing to play after the delay at 12:30 in the morning. I guess that's not too late to play but 3 is.

So, for Baylor football the rain only makes a difference when they have the ball. Likewise, for Arkansas baseball the rain only makes a difference when they're pitching.

Sore loser.

gohogs14

So, for Baylor football the rain only makes a difference when they have the ball. Likewise, for Arkansas baseball the rain only makes a difference when they're pitching.

Sore loser.

I mean, it's much harder to grip and throw a wet ball than it is to hit it with a bat, that's pretty obvious.

One of our pitchers slipped off of the mound during a pitch. I didn't say they weren't a good team or beat us fairly but it's not like they got the short end of the stick here. Either make both teams pitch in it or don't make either team pitch in it.

TCURiggs

I mean, it's much harder to grip and throw a wet ball than it is to hit it with a bat, that's pretty obvious.

One of our pitchers slipped off of the mound during a pitch. I didn't say they weren't a good team or beat us fairly but it's not like they got the short end of the stick here. Either make both teams pitch in it or don't make either team pitch in it.

tumblr_lu9i34JGC51ql793vo1_500.gif

hometown frog

It wasn't stupid they were playing in that rain regardless of who was in the field at the time. That was way beyond normal to play a baseball game in. I can understand Arky skippers frustration in that situation, but they should have brought the tarp back out. Lucky he didn't screw up his field that night.

Deep Purple

As long as the woo annoys and gets into the heads of the opposing fans and team, who cares when TCU fans start it, whether first pitch or 7th inning?

So it annoys you. So what? You're in the stands, not on the playing field. Our players and coach have almost uniformly commented that they appreciate the vocal fan support and that it often galvanizes their efforts. That's the only thing that counts.

If it works, I don't care if our fans do an "I'm a Little Teapot" dance every inning. You go with whatever inspires the team to succeed.

MTfrog5

Then that's on Van Horn. Go out and talk to the umps if it's that bad to where the pitcher is slipping on the mound. And it looked like game 3 was in good weather. Why didn't y'all win that one? Glad the punk who was yelling in their dugout got to end the season watching from the bench

cdsfrog

I agree. I'm not a fan of the woo but it doesn't bother me enough to argue about it just yet. Seems like something a TAPPS school would do if I'm being honest, but I can live with it if it helps. I hope one day we can come up with a normal college chant like Arkansas, Aggies, and most other schools. I always think that's cool....all in due time

So you like gay bubbles? interesting