• The KillerFrogs

Missouri State....

BearUp

Any word on the status or name of their guy who injured himself corkscrewing into the ground while striking out? Was in obvious pain and had to be helped off the field. Didn't recall the name but announcer said it was a middle lineup guy.
He had surgery on that knee at the beginning of the season which explains the very odd collapse. They did drain fluid out of it yesterday. He's a senior and the rumors I'm hearing is that he plans on playing this weekend.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
Since we are on the topic, can we do something about the folks who stand during football games? I find it annoying that I am not able to sit and quietly enjoy the game.

Personally, I hate people who clap. What does it mean? Why do it? If fans of other teams clapped we would hate it. Clapping is dumb.

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

Personally, I hate people who clap. What does it mean? Why do it? If fans of other teams clapper we would hate it. Clapping is dumb.
slow-clap-o.gif

SportsJunkie

I see they have a .393 OBP and draw a lot of walks and also get hit a decent amount. I'm pretty sure most of our pitching staff does a good job of limiting walks but this should definitely be a factor. Like us, they work the count very good and try to get into the bullpen early it would appear

SportsJunkie

Probably should have a thread dedicated to nothing but woo debate

I agree. I'm not a fan of the woo but it doesn't bother me enough to argue about it just yet. Seems like something a TAPPS school would do if I'm being honest, but I can live with it if it helps. I hope one day we can come up with a normal college chant like Arkansas, Aggies, and most other schools. I always think that's cool....all in due time

Brog

Personally, I hate people who clap. What does it mean? Why do it? If fans of other teams clapped we would hate it. Clapping is dumb.

I agree 100%. Cheering is bad, too, especially if I bring my 3 week old baby to the game. And that loud music is just awful. (Not to mention that ear splitting team introduction at basketball games.) And I wish they sold hot tea at football games. I could then sit, enjoy a quiet cup of hot tea and go home at halftime to beat the traffic. Some fan consideration is needed.

Ray Finkle

I agree 100%. Cheering is bad, too, especially if I bring my 3 week old baby to the game. And that loud music is just awful. (Not to mention that ear splitting team introduction at basketball games.) And I wish they sold hot tea at football games. I could then sit, enjoy a quiet cup of hot tea and go home at halftime to beat the traffic. Some fan consideration is needed.

I bet you hate kids who skateboard on the sidewalks too.

zfrawg

I am VERY anti-woo, but this may make sense. I live in Arizona so only see games on TV. May likely be much more tolerable and even enjoyable in person, especially seeing opposing players struggle live. It's pretty brutal (imo) to watch/hear on TV.

sucks in person too when woo-ers start it the first pitch of the game

TCUdirtbag

I agree. I'm not a fan of the woo but it doesn't bother me enough to argue about it just yet. Seems like something a TAPPS school would do if I'm being honest, but I can live with it if it helps. I hope one day we can come up with a normal college chant like Arkansas, Aggies, and most other schools. I always think that's cool....all in due time

Lol wut. So dumb I felt some of my brain cells die an excruciating death.

Pharm Frog

This. Maybe after a few more decades of experimentation we will find it. Who could possibly expect a school in its 15th decade or so of infancy to author a sophisticated and normal college chant like Woooo Pig Soooie?