• The KillerFrogs

Missouri State....

JogginFrog

They had a late lead in Fayetteville in Game 6 and the umps voted to continue playing at 2-3 a.m. in a downpour. Of course, Arky came back to win. Glad Missouri State found a way to win Game 7 after that fiasco.

tcumaniac

I like our chances! There's no way the atmosphere is anywhere close to Baum and our pitching and defense has been clutch recently

4Q4Wl.gif

MadFrog

They must have some good hitters. I saw Arkansas issue an intentional walk to one of their hitters with no one on the bases.

frognutz

Any word on the status or name of their guy who injured himself corkscrewing into the ground while striking out? Was in obvious pain and had to be helped off the field. Didn't recall the name but announcer said it was a middle lineup guy.

Last edited:

TCURiggs

Any word on the status or name of their guy who injured himself corkscrewing into the ground while striking out? Was in obvious pain and had to be helped off the field. Didn't recall the name but announcer said it was a middle lineup guy.

It was one of their OF, Blake Graham. Looks like a good player with a .325 avg, 9 HR, 34 RBI, .439 OBP

All I could find on Twitter was that he was walking around without a limp after the game and was going to see a Dr. I've seen people walk around without much of a limp with major ligament damage, though, so that probably doesn't mean much. It certainly looked bad.

HoustonHornedFrog

They had a late lead in Fayetteville in Game 6 and the umps voted to continue playing at 2-3 a.m. in a downpour. Of course, Arky came back to win. Glad Missouri State found a way to win Game 7 after that fiasco.

That was a fiasco. The interview with the MSU coach afterward was great.

“I don’t think games should be decided in the rain at 3 a.m.,” Missouri State coach Keith Guttin said. “I think you need to ask the umpire what was said because I’ll probably be suspended if I say the truth.”

The umpires met in the middle of the eighth inning with the rain falling hard again. Guttin said the home plate umpire called for the tarp. He said Arkansas coach Dave Van Horn talked the crew out of putting it on the field. Guttin was livid. Moreso, even, after Arkansas scored 4 runs in the bottom of the inning and won.

“Never seen it in 35 years. When the home plate umpire asks for the tarp, generally the tarp comes on.”

frognutz

It was one of their OF, Blake Graham. Looks like a good player with a .325 avg, 9 HR, 34 RBI, .439 OBP

All I could find on Twitter was that he was walking around without a limp after the game and was going to see a Dr. I've seen people walk around without much of a limp with major ligament damage, though, so that probably doesn't mean much. It certainly looked bad.

Thanks. With the name, I was able to find an article with the video. Apparently this is the 2nd time this season he's injured himself that way. Strange.

Obviously never happy about an injury like that, but newsworthy for the Super.

http://thecomeback.com/ncaa/missour...-awful-leg-injury-swing-second-time-year.html

P

purplePPO

Woo bird is awesome, organic TCU cheer, and it's proven effective many times. Seriously have no idea why so many of you dislike it.

Many TCU fans and others dislike it. Annoying is Annoying. Just because you may do it and it's ok with you, does not mean no others should not be annoyed. I'm sure IF your neighbor cut his lawn at 8 am Saturday or Sunday morning you would be annoyed! He may not think it's a big deal, but you would be annoyed! Go Frogs!

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
That was a fiasco. The interview with the MSU coach afterward was great.

“I don’t think games should be decided in the rain at 3 a.m.,” Missouri State coach Keith Guttin said. “I think you need to ask the umpire what was said because I’ll probably be suspended if I say the truth.”

The umpires met in the middle of the eighth inning with the rain falling hard again. Guttin said the home plate umpire called for the tarp. He said Arkansas coach Dave Van Horn talked the crew out of putting it on the field. Guttin was livid. Moreso, even, after Arkansas scored 4 runs in the bottom of the inning and won.

“Never seen it in 35 years. When the home plate umpire asks for the tarp, generally the tarp comes on.”
That's SEC [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] for you. Glad they lost after all. scheiss Arkansas.