• The KillerFrogs

Minnesota boys state hockey tournament

CLASS 2A
Thursday’s quarterfinals

No. 2 Blaine vs. White Bear Lake, 11 a.m.

No. 3 Eden Prairie vs. Lakeville South, 1 p.m.

No. 1 Edina vs. Moorhead, 6 p.m.

No. 4 St. Thomas Academy vs. No. 5 Duluth East, 8 p.m.

Big fan of WBL. Need to ask the Minnesota peeps on the board if they know of any links to site that will stream the games, or at least the WBL game. Thanks for passing that along.

MN Frog

There is a site, I haven't had to use it as I normally attend the games I want to see. Always a fun tournament. 18,000 fans to watch HS hockey still blows my mind.

Frozen Frog

Cake eaters have to be the favorites which justifies the 1 seed. Shocked to see Holy Family knocked out Minnetonka though EP is a worthy candidate from 2AA. Good to see Blaine back in the tournament along with the Hounds and the Spuds. Also nice to see STA playing AA.

Edina - Highland Park
Eden Prairie - Allen
STA - Jesuit/Aledo

I just hate seeing St. Thomas win. I think the bottom half of the bracket has to be the tougher side.

The Class A bracket doesn't really excite me. Cathedral and East Grand Forks are somewhat traditional schools. I'd think Mahtomedi should be playing AA. Also a few conglomerate teams.

Purp

I’m not trying to be condescending, this is a genuine question....

Why are we talking about this on here? What am I missing?
4321 has a soft spot for high school hockey in MN and there are several posters here from MN who can provide information about these games which he can't seem to find on his own.

Cake eaters have to be the favorites which justifies the 1 seed. Shocked to see Holy Family knocked out Minnetonka though EP is a worthy candidate from 2AA. Good to see Blaine back in the tournament along with the Hounds and the Spuds. Also nice to see STA playing AA.

Edina - Highland Park
Eden Prairie - Allen
STA - Jesuit/Aledo

I just hate seeing St. Thomas win. I think the bottom half of the bracket has to be the tougher side.

The Class A bracket doesn't really excite me. Cathedral and East Grand Forks are somewhat traditional schools. I'd think Mahtomedi should be playing AA. Also a few conglomerate teams.
Do you wish it went back to the old way where all MN high schools played for one state championship? I expect the others to chime in on this question.

4321 has a soft spot for high school hockey in MN and there are several posters here from MN who can provide information about these games which he can't seem to find on his own.
Uh, Purp, I could find them "on my own" but I like a first-person opinion and added "chatter" about this great tournament, But yes, thanks for recognizing my interest in the event and for explaining to HF.

Latest posts